TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Anyone heard if APR is working on the TT RS?

Old 10-15-2017, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Anyone heard if APR is working on the TT RS?

I see unitronic has some software out for the tt rs, but APR is still not showing anything for our engine on their webpage. Anyone know the scoop?
Old 10-15-2017, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nebuul
I see unitronic has some software out for the tt rs, but APR is still not showing anything for our engine on their webpage. Anyone know the scoop?
I contacted them via email and they said they were working on a tune, but it wasn't available yet.

Unfortunately, for me at least, there still doesn't seem to be a good solution to prevent dealerships from detecting the software. You can't flash back to stock yourself and while APR dealers can, they'll almost certainly charge you for it (last I heard it was $100 each time). And even then, it sounds like VW/Audi have been improving their detection to the point that it might even be possible for them to detect the changes even if you've had it flashed back to stock.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, one tune and your warranty is done. Google Burger Tuning (JB4). This piggyback can be physically removed before service and is undetectable.
I'm not sure if they have a TTRS plan yet.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Akenmaat
it sounds like VW/Audi have been improving their detection to the point that it might even be possible for them to detect the changes even if you've had it flashed back to stock.
I'm not sure what methods they're actually using but one I read about being used by some manufacturers is a flash counter. It's in a protected part of memory you can't access and all it does is count the number of times the unit has had its flash rewritten. Once that's in place it's a super simple way for them to detect that the unit has been messed with, even if you reflash back to stock.

Anyway, with respect to APR, I won't link to it because I don't know if that goes against this forum's rules, but there's a thread in the Audizine TT Mk 3 forum that APR was directly participating in. The latest post is today from "Arin from APR" and they they're close to finalizing a tune but it's not ready yet.

Last edited by Arc77; 10-16-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:28 AM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ourlee
Yeah, one tune and your warranty is done. Google Burger Tuning (JB4). This piggyback can be physically removed before service and is undetectable.
I'm not sure if they have a TTRS plan yet.
We have bought a RS3 and development is in progress. The same unit will obviously be compatible for the TT RS.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Something I found on FB

Something I found on FB, can't find any HP numbers but someone here might.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:34 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

^^^I've been watching this build, the car is stripped right down including some very LW seats, IMS DP & MidPipes, some ECU tuning etc. certainly fast. Uni is pretty close to these numbers with a completely stock car and just ECU tuning...I can't wait to see what George and BMS do with the JB4 (I'll be buying). My car did an 11:89 in stock form with a DA of 3450. I've purchased Iroz's DP and Midpipes, I bought Uni's 1+ ECU tuning and will top that off with JB4 and WMI from BMS and DevilsOwn kit...these cars are going to be making insane numbers come next year when everything catches up in the Aftermarket. I cant wait to see someone break into the 9's with a lightly modified car.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

These TTRS guys are modding their cars, AWESOME!!!
Old 01-04-2018, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Sorry to necro a thread, but has anyone heard anything else on tt rs tuning? I don't see anything on most companies' websites.

Edit: it seems like there was a much larger tuning market availability for the mk2 tt rs. Is it because of the aluminum engine block in the new model not as tough as the old heavier one?

Last edited by Nebuul; 01-04-2018 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

they blew their first 8s TTRS up apparently.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone heard if APR is working on the TT RS?