Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

INK BLUE COLOR DISCONTINUED?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INK BLUE COLOR DISCONTINUED?

Hi -
I ordered a new 2018 Q7 in the ink blue metallic color on August 24. I was told it would be about 3 months wait time. I just received a call from my salesperson that the color is being discontinued and so I now can't get it in that color. Has anyone else heard this? He found me a 2018 model that was similar to the one I ordered but didn't have two key features I wanted but was in the ink blue color (but at a different dealer in a different state). My other option is to get the Q7 in a different color but with my same order but he made it sound like he wasn't sure how long that would take now.

Any idea what is going on?? I looked on the Audi official site and didn't see any info on the ink blue metallic being discontinued.
Thanks!
Old 10-16-2017, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I've heard that here that its being discontinued
Old 10-16-2017, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, ink blue is discontinued. I'm not sure why they removed it, perhaps the color is difficult to make consistently as it looks black in the shade and deep blue in the sunlight. The replacement color, called galaxy blue, looks nothing like ink blue and is a mix between green and blue. I'm a little surprised Audi doesn't offer a true dark blue any longer, as it's a fairly popular color for vehicles. Brown isn't really that popular, and they still have a brown.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I think you need to give your salesman hell, its been discontinued since June. (see thread) Shocking he doesn't know these things. Beyond that you still have to deal with the consequences of their ignorance (either waiting longer and/or getting something you don't want).

If color is your priority you'll probably need to look for available '17s otherwise I'd personally tell the dealer if I don't take delivery this year they better give me good reason to buy from them (further discount or see if you can get them to throw in free audi care/audi connect/extended warranty/ceramic coat....something) I'd take my business elsewhere. Most waits are typically closer to 4 months, so likely you were getting last half of december delivery and if they can change the color and not mess that up, then I wouldn't worry about it. I'm only basing that based on reading many other posts in this forum on people who have waited for their orders, my salesman said 3 months to be but it was a few days shy of 4. I think it was built between 2.4 and 3 months after I ordered but the shipping took a solid 3 weeks after that.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I feel pretty lucky then. I ordered an Ink Blue on Sept 3rd, but then found out they used an allocated order from July 24 for my order, saving me a few weeks.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by drive4fun
Yes, ink blue is discontinued. I'm not sure why they removed it, perhaps the color is difficult to make consistently as it looks black in the shade and deep blue in the sunlight. The replacement color, called galaxy blue, looks nothing like ink blue and is a mix between green and blue. I'm a little surprised Audi doesn't offer a true dark blue any longer, as it's a fairly popular color for vehicles. Brown isn't really that popular, and they still have a brown.
Ink Blue got replaced by Galaxy Blue (much lighter) and Navarra Blue (bit lighter). I took a look at Navarra Blue in person on a Q5 and compared it with a Galaxy Blue, liked the Navarra Blue more as it changes color depending greatly on lighting. I ordered my Navarra Blue mid August and have been updated with a delivery time in Dec.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by inzite
Ink Blue got replaced by Galaxy Blue (much lighter) and Navarra Blue (bit lighter). I took a look at Navarra Blue in person on a Q5 and compared it with a Galaxy Blue, liked the Navarra Blue more as it changes color depending greatly on lighting. I ordered my Navarra Blue mid August and have been updated with a delivery time in Dec.
i don't think US Models gets the Navarra blue option.. if we did that's the color i would've gone with
Old 10-16-2017, 09:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mrp0rky
i don't think US Models gets the Navarra blue option.. if we did that's the color i would've gone with
oh, that's unfortunate, I recall someone posted an ordering guide and navarra was one of them. I'm located in canada.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

all the good stuff never comes to the US.. like the dynamic tail lights too..
Old 10-16-2017, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

We were just discussing this in another thread, the replacement blue looks like blue/green, not really the best color for Q7, but can't speak for it until we see the final product, like how the graphite gray looks brown-tinted on website, but it looks nothing like brown in person.

Quick Reply: INK BLUE COLOR DISCONTINUED?