Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

The Eagle has landed

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts
Default The Eagle has landed

Got word on Friday night that my car showed up! The wife and I went and picked it up yesterday morning. Such an amazing car, so pumped! Now that I have the car I have some more questions but I definitely need some more seat time but one question I have so far. Is it possible to turn down the chimes in the car? When you start it there is some beeps (I think 3) that are pretty loud, it sounds the same as the seatbelt chime.
The Eagle has landed-j49xflm.jpg
The Eagle has landed-hicfgpe.jpg
The Eagle has landed-ilqvvsh.jpg

Last edited by djpeaksd; 10-16-2017 at 08:17 AM.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

niceee.. congrats..
Old 10-16-2017, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It appears you wasted little time replacing the chrome rings on the grill...or did BOP update to use the black ones by default now?
Old 10-16-2017, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

So I was able to get my front and rear black rings done yesterday, I will finish the rear Q7 and 3.0T badge today. Have an appointment for tint and nano coating this week. I will also pull back the wheel liners today to make sure I have access to the orange reflectors. But based on what I saw last night it looks exactly the same to my S7, take off 3 hex screws, pull back liner and pop out the reflector. I will verify that though tonight.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Giblet
It appears you wasted little time replacing the chrome rings on the grill...or did BOP update to use the black ones by default now?
I ordered all black emblems a couple of months ago. I did the front and rear rings last night and will finish the rest of the badging tonight. Getting all the old glue off is a little time consuming.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by djpeaksd
I ordered all black emblems a couple of months ago. I did the front and rear rings last night and will finish the rest of the badging tonight. Getting all the old glue off is a little time consuming.
looks great. can't wait to see what mods you have planned. need more threads like that on this forum. lol.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by erwheezy
looks great. can't wait to see what mods you have planned. need more threads like that on this forum. lol.
I agree completely. Wee also need a wheel thread!!!
Old 10-16-2017, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good! That chiming is the most obnoxious I've heard in any car. That's the first thing I coded (to stay silent) was the seatbelt chimes.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats on the ride! My wife's Q7 is like a replica of yours color wise with BO package. Need to figure out how to post pics...

All black interior including headliner, lowered 2", 12.5 and 20mm wheel spacers, debadged, black Audi rings, carbon fiber mirror caps.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bozman5000
Looks good! That chiming is the most obnoxious I've heard in any car. That's the first thing I coded (to stay silent) was the seatbelt chimes.
So is my best bet to get OBDeleven? I am also looking to have the parking sensors come on automatically when, lets say pulling into the garage. It makes no sense that you have to push the Parking sensor button. That always annoyed me on my car. Any preferred place I should get OBDeleven? And should I get the pro version? Cant remember what the consensus is on what version to get.

Quick Reply: The Eagle has landed