Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Running Lights with Turn Signal '17 A3

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running Lights with Turn Signal '17 A3

Looking at the reflection of my lights off the back of the car in front of me I've noticed that the LED daytime running lights that frame the headlight on the drivers side turn off when I put my left turn signal on. When I put the right turn signal on the lights stay on while the turn signal blinks. Has anyone else noticed this? If so, how can I fix? Should I take it back to the dealer? Just got it in August. Thanks!
Old 10-18-2017, 09:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AudiYourMind90
Looking at the reflection of my lights off the back of the car in front of me I've noticed that the LED daytime running lights that frame the headlight on the drivers side turn off when I put my left turn signal on. When I put the right turn signal on the lights stay on while the turn signal blinks. Has anyone else noticed this? If so, how can I fix? Should I take it back to the dealer? Just got it in August. Thanks!
Both should go off when turn signal is placed on. If you have an OBDeleven you can program them to stay on when the turn signal is on. Its one of the Apps available.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KGRAY0616
Both should go off when turn signal is placed on. If you have an OBDeleven you can program them to stay on when the turn signal is on. Its one of the Apps available.
Did the app work for you? I have a 17 S3 and tried it several times with no luck. I’ve read lots of others have had the same issues.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Worked first try for me. I am in 2015 A3 versus S3. Not sure why it would make a difference but I guess it could.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm guessing the person posting the original question may not have access to these tools/apps whether this can be taken care of with OBDeleven or not.

I'd say to you to take the car in and have them look at it.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KGRAY0616
Worked first try for me. I am in 2015 A3 versus S3. Not sure why it would make a difference but I guess it could.
Gotcha...yeah, the 17 is different because with the virtual cockpit. I think some of the modules changed, so the coding isn't quite the same. I think they're updating it.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'd definitely just bring this in to the dealership. They both should go off when you use the blinker on that side...probably just a setting they need to change in the module, but something you probably don't have access to without obdeleven or VAGCOM
Old 10-19-2017, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

This is normal operation if:
  • Headlights off: DRL turn off when turn signal is activated.
  • Headlights on: DRL stays illuminated at dim percentage while turn signal flashes.