Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 Auto Start/Stop

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RS3 Auto Start/Stop

New to this forum and soon to be (Jan/Feb) new RS3 owner. Just wanted to know if the RS3 has the auto start/stop feature to reduce idling thats found on the A3 and S3 line? The dealer couldnt answer this question and I havent seen any posts about it.

Thanks
Old 10-18-2017, 01:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It does not have it in the USA.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by epiloggts
It does not have it in the USA.
We DO have it in Canada.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdraft
We DO have it in Canada.
I haven't seen it anywhere in the setup screens, and mine hasn't tried to auto start/stop yet?
Old 10-19-2017, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by whyzkid99
New to this forum and soon to be (Jan/Feb) new RS3 owner. Just wanted to know if the RS3 has the auto start/stop feature to reduce idling thats found on the A3 and S3 line? The dealer couldnt answer this question and I havent seen any posts about it.

Thanks
I just love some dealers salespeople absolute total lack of knowledge of the cars they sell. That salesperson you bought the car from should have said I do not know but I let me find out for you. If it does come with it there are Carista and other modules that will allow you to disable this feature.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well for those of you wondering or perhaps have not seen what the console looks like when the Auto/Start function is integrated. It's something like this:
By pressing the button on the console, it illuminates in red as well as initiate a message that tells you this function has been disabled. At first I thought it was a PIA to have this function, but since it has become an automated routine for me to simply press the button as soon as I start the car, I figured it's not a huge deal.
Attached Thumbnails RS3 Auto Start/Stop-imag1361.jpg   RS3 Auto Start/Stop-imag1363.jpg   RS3 Auto Start/Stop-imag1362.jpg  
Old 10-19-2017, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You prefer the standard gauges to the sport one? I like the standard gauges I just hate how it doesn't display as much info.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I do actually. One of the reasons is that when I use the Navi the screen shows up in the middle between the gauges as opposed to the left side for example. It feels awkward to me to see Google maps on the left side rather than in the middle. Just my personal preference. I guess I'm old school and like having gauges on the left and right
Old 10-19-2017, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Timmay
Yeah I do actually. One of the reasons is that when I use the Navi the screen shows up in the middle between the gauges as opposed to the left side for example. It feels awkward to me to see Google maps on the left side rather than in the middle. Just my personal preference. I guess I'm old school and like having gauges on the left and right
Nice. I've run them before but my wife prefers the sport gauge layout so that means that's what we run. I do like the ability to switch it up as I get tired of looking at the same screen all the time.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My rs3 doesn't have it. Funny trying to save on little bit of gas on a car that's meant to guzzle gas.

Quick Reply: RS3 Auto Start/Stop