Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Performance Upgrades for SQ5?

Old 10-18-2017, 04:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Upgrades for SQ5?

Just curious if there are any out there yet? More aggressive tunes, bigger turbo, exhaust, etc.

Mr. Wolfe
Old 10-18-2017, 05:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Wolfe
Just curious if there are any out there yet? More aggressive tunes, bigger turbo, exhaust, etc.

Mr. Wolfe
If I'm not mistaken it will be offered as an RS Q5 model. At least, that's what I've seen in some online sources.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ConnorM97
If I'm not mistaken it will be offered as an RS Q5 model. At least, that's what I've seen in some online sources.
What (legitimate) online sources? Explain any reason why Audi would put out an RS Q5. Or to say it differently, why would VAG intentionally damage Porsche Macan sales by doing this? Point is, the SQ5 just came out. Won't be touched for two years. Porsche Macan facelift will occur as a 2019 model year. If an RS Q5 came out as a 2020 car, i.e., one year after the updated Macan, that would really be bad for VAG. I just don't get the rumors or the logic behind that move.

Last edited by daberlin; 10-18-2017 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by daberlin
What (legitimate) online sources? Explain any reason why Audi would put out an RS Q5. Or to say it differently, why would VAG intentionally damage Porsche Macan sales by doing this? Point is, the SQ5 just came out. Won't be touched for two years. Porsche Macan facelift will occur as a 2019 model year. If an RS Q5 came out as a 2020 car, i.e., one year after the updated Macan, that would really be bad for VAG. I just don't get the rumors or the logic behind that move.
This is the only thing I have seen, but not sure how reliable it is. I was more talking along the lines of modifying an SQ5 when I started this thread.

Audi RS Q5 coming soon with RS 5?s 450-horsepower V-6

Mr. Wolfe
Old 10-18-2017, 08:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was more talking along the lines of modifying an SQ5 when I started this thread.

Mr. Wolfe
2018 SQ5 is still too new. The cool thing is, these B9 engines have power to spare. Chips, tunes, boost, larger turbos, downpipes, etc. Just a matter of time before we're seeing 600 HP tuned SQ5s. Of the very few vehicles that passed me on the roads in Germany during my factory 911 delivery a few years ago, were massively tricked out V10 Diesel Q7s. These things were doing 140-160mph easily on Autobahns. Can't wait to see what turners do to the SQ5.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2018 SQ5 is still too new. The cool thing is, these B9 engines have power to spare. Chips, tunes, boost, larger turbos, downpipes, etc. Just a matter of time before we're seeing 600 HP tuned SQ5s. Of the very few vehicles that passed me on the roads in Germany during my factory 911 delivery a few years ago, were massively tricked out V10 Diesel Q7s. These things were doing 140-160mph easily on Autobahns. Can't wait to see what turners do to the SQ5.
The SQ5 is governed to 155mph and will no doubt go that fast. I know for a fact it'll do at least 135mph
Old 10-19-2017, 04:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It is in my blood to modify so I hope you guys are right about the future of the SQ5. I am sure it will get plenty of aftermarket support. I have been a long time M3 guy and won't sell my baby, but I am honestly more excited about the future of Audi over BMW. BMW lost it's way IMO so I will stick with the older ones and buy new with Audi.

Quick question, I am assuming any kind of tune will void the warranty, is that the case? Is there usually any factory option tune that keeps the warranty in tact. If you do void the warranty with an aftermarket tune, is your entire warranty gone or just on the engine/management?

Thanks!

Mr. Wolfe
Old 10-19-2017, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot
The SQ5 is governed to 155mph and will no doubt go that fast. I know for a fact it'll do at least 135mph
The SQ5 is governed IN THE UNITED STATES to 155mph....
Old 10-19-2017, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

It is in my blood to modify so I hope you guys are right about the future of the SQ5. I am sure it will get plenty of aftermarket support. I have been a long time M3 guy and won't sell my baby, but I am honestly more excited about the future of Audi over BMW. BMW lost it's way IMO so I will stick with the older ones and buy new with Audi.

Quick question, I am assuming any kind of tune will void the warranty, is that the case? Is there usually any factory option tune that keeps the warranty in tact. If you do void the warranty with an aftermarket tune, is your entire warranty gone or just on the engine/management?

Thanks!

Mr. Wolfe
Aftermarket modifications of any type only void a related warranty claim if the service shop/OEM can trace the failed component to the modification.

I factory tuned both my BMW and Porsche. No issues with these upgrades, and yes, these modifications are covered under the main OEM warranty.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The SQ5 is governed IN THE UNITED STATES to 155mph....
I know, all I was staying is you can do at least 135mph. The roads by me aren't smooth enough to go faster. I felt the car starting to lose downforce because of the roads shape (up and down 5-6ft every 100ft or so) and didn't push it further.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Performance Upgrades for SQ5?