Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Dimensions of 8.3” Mmi screen

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 10:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dimensions of 8.3” Mmi screen

hi folks, does anyone know the specific dimensions of the 8.3” screen. Am planning to get a screen protector to guard against my kids pokey fingers . Thanks
Old 10-21-2017, 12:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Audigy76
hi folks, does anyone know the specific dimensions of the 8.3” screen. Am planning to get a screen protector to guard against my kids pokey fingers . Thanks
Your best bet is to get a piece of paper, trace around the screen, then cut the film to fit. It’s not a touch screen so not sure why their fingers should be touching it anyways.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

i guess we have to blame apple the every screen is now supposed to be a touchscreen

Originally Posted by NeedMoreHP
Your best bet is to get a piece of paper, trace around the screen, then cut the film to fit. It’s not a touch screen so not sure why their fingers should be touching it anyways.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I always thought this was the most useless thing ever invented - but I guess “if you build it they will come” - or, better yet, “there’s one born every minute “
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LFOTPP-Audi...kAAOSwGhtZ5GGq
Old 10-21-2017, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

I saw that eBay item actually before asking. Maybe I wasn't clear. I have not received my ride and looking around to find a suitable protector for the screen before getting my ride. I Google, eBay for a fitting one

the dimensions would help me see if any existing pre-cut protectors would fit nicely. I saw one for an LG 8.3" phone, I will probably run to my dealer to measure before buying lol
Old 10-22-2017, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I saw that eBay item actually before asking. Maybe I wasn't clear. I have not received my ride and looking around to find a suitable protector for the screen before getting my ride. I Google, eBay for a fitting one

the dimensions would help me see if any existing pre-cut protectors would fit nicely. I saw one for an LG 8.3" phone, I will probably run to my dealer to measure before buying lol
I'm definitely not downing you because you want a screen protector. I know what it is to have inquiring little urchins who touch everything within their sphere of influence . I hate fingerprints on any screen - touchscreen or not.
I realize there are as many opinions on this subject as there are members on these forums - but that was one of the things I liked most when I got my first Audi, a 2013 Q7 Prestige, & discovered it didn't have a touch screen. After several Escalades with touch screens I enjoyed not having to carry around a cleaning cloth & being able to read the display without an ill placed smudge obscuring a small but important detail. To each his own.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

haha you are right....i just didn't want to risk damaging a screen, if i can prevent it. thanks bud!

Originally Posted by Cadx6
I'm definitely not downing you because you want a screen protector. I know what it is to have inquiring little urchins who touch everything within their sphere of influence . I hate fingerprints on any screen - touchscreen or not.
I realize there are as many opinions on this subject as there are members on these forums - but that was one of the things I liked most when I got my first Audi, a 2013 Q7 Prestige, & discovered it didn't have a touch screen. After several Escalades with touch screens I enjoyed not having to carry around a cleaning cloth & being able to read the display without an ill placed smudge obscuring a small but important detail. To each his own.