Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Decided to buy a Q7 - need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Decided to buy a Q7 - need some advice

I drove one today and loved it.

Thanks for the advice so far from these boards, and I promise to reciprocate once I own one.

I definitely want 3.0 Liter, Vision, and Driver Assistance - without these it's a deal stopper.

My ideal build is a Prestige with DA, or a P+ with DA and Vision.

Some questions

1) PP vs Prestige - Assuming I get the Vision on PP but it's included on Prestige, the difference from P+ to Presitge is 3K - worth it for things like HUD and vent seats?
2) Wheels - do they do anything other than decorative? On the Prestige it also seems you only get Summer tires on the 21 inch $1000 option, so I'd need to pay even more for AS
3) Cold weather package- this seems worth it, particularly since I want the all weather mats.
4) Custom Ordering: Do you get similar deals or less? Ideally I'd like to target 6-8% off.
5) Audi Owners Discount: I see people here say it's $1K, but it looks like $500 here in Bay Area?
6) Bay Area Dealers: I got a good deal on my Q5 from Livermore. Anyone got any dealers they like/hate in the SF Bay Area?
7) Other Packages: Any other advice on other packages?
8) Towing Package: I want to add a rear bike rack - do I need this? Is it better to get towing package after market?

Thanking you all in advance

Last edited by hitchens97; 10-21-2017 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by hitchens97
I drove one today and loved it.

Thanks for the advice so far from these boards, and I promise to reciprocate once I own one.

I definitely want 3.0 Liter, Vision, and Driver Assistance - without these it's a deal stopper.

My ideal build is a Prestige with DA, or a P+ with DA and Vision.

Some questions

1) PP vs Prestige - Assuming I get the Vision on PP but it's included on Prestige, the difference from P+ to Presitge is 3K - worth it for things like HUD and vent seats?
2) Wheels - do they do anything other than decorative? On the Prestige it also seems you only get Summer tires on the 21 inch $1000 option, so I'd need to pay even more for AS
3) Cold weather package- this seems worth it, particularly since I want the all weather mats.
4) Custom Ordering: Do you get similar deals or less? Ideally I'd like to target 6-8% off.
5) Audi Owners Discount: I see people here say it's $1K, but it looks like $500 here in Bay Area?
6) Bay Area Dealers: I got a good deal on my Q5 from Livermore. Anyone got any dealers they like/hate in the SF Bay Area?
7) Other Packages: Any other advice on other packages?
8) Towing Package: I want to add a rear bike rack - do I need this? Is it better to get towing package after market?

Thanking you all in advance
1) Comparably equipped P+ and Prestige are not that far apart. Get the prestige
2) I thought the Prestige came with 20s
3) Yes, worth it
4) Should be able to get that range discount when custom ordering, but may need to shop around
5) Dont know
6) Dont know
7) DAP and Warm weather are a must. The 4 zone alone is worth it in looks of the interior
8) Get the tow package. Aftermarket will never look as nice due to bumper cutout etc.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:14 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 282 Likes on 202 Posts

2) The all seasons are a no cost option when ordering 21.
4) I placed special order, got 6% off.
5) You only get the $1K if you finance through Audi.
8) Much better to get factory.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
1) Comparably equipped P+ and Prestige are not that far apart. Get the prestige
2) I thought the Prestige came with 20s
3) Yes, worth it
4) Should be able to get that range discount when custom ordering, but may need to shop around
5) Dont know
6) Dont know
7) DAP and Warm weather are a must. The 4 zone alone is worth it in looks of the interior
8) Get the tow package. Aftermarket will never look as nice due to bumper cutout etc.
Thank you. On #2 yes it does, but nearly all the Prestiges on the lots in bay area have the 21inch upgraded wheels.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thank you. On #2 yes it does, but nearly all the Prestiges on the lots in bay area have the 21inch upgraded wheels.
Thats why I ordered mine. The 21s with Summer tires was not going to work for me in the northeast. There is an all-season option for the 21s now as someone mentioned
Old 10-22-2017, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

1) Get the Prestige. HUD is great, as well as the soft closing doors.
7) If you are getting the $1k wheels. You might as well get the Black Optics Package since it's only an extra $700. Try to test a Q7 with Adaptive Chassis before you buy.
8) It's cheaper to get it built from factory.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Vented seats are definitely worth it. If you want DAP, then you definitely want HUD, so get the Prestige. You will also get the full color interior LEDs.

You might also want to consider adaptive chassis and night vision if you're ordering. Adaptive chassis is nice, but the 4-wheel steering part of it is best... marked improvement in the turning radius. Night vision: some love it, some think it's worthless. I think mine may have saved me a deer collision already.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
Vented seats are definitely worth it. If you want DAP, then you definitely want HUD, so get the Prestige. You will also get the full color interior LEDs.

You might also want to consider adaptive chassis and night vision if you're ordering. Adaptive chassis is nice, but the 4-wheel steering part of it is best... marked improvement in the turning radius. Night vision: some love it, some think it's worthless. I think mine may have saved me a deer collision already.
Yeah, I like the look of those, but I'm already pushing at more than 15K than I've ever spent on a car and I'm close to a number at which my wife will say- "wtf?"
Old 10-22-2017, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah, I like the look of those, but I'm already pushing at more than 15K than I've ever spent on a car and I'm close to a number at which my wife will say- "wtf?"
Do your research. Adaptive chassis is nice especially if you are towing, otherwise the standard suspension is pretty damn good. It is one of the most advanced suspensions out there. You can find youtube videos on it.
I too was about to get the vision package, but again reviews will suggest that while its good, its not ready for primetime yet.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) PP vs Prestige - It's worth the upgrade - 3k over 60 months financing or 36 month lease isn't really much for what you're getting.
2) Wheels - Prestige has the nicest wheels of the lineup IMO and AS tires are available now from the factory.
3) Cold weather package- I actually held off on this. I was close to budget and this didn't make the cut. I don't normally have people in my backseat other than my kids in their car seats and I can live without the heated steering wheel. Heated seats come with Prestige.
4) Custom Ordering: Depending on when you order, people have been getting 6-8% off custom orders, but it will take 3-4 months to arrive.
5) Audi Owners Discount: 1K financed through AFS
6) Bay Area Dealers:
7) Other Packages: Adaptive Chassis has had a lot of great reviews so that's one to consider. I went without it due to budget and felt it was already a very good handling SUV without Adaptive Chassis.
8) Towing Package:

Quick Reply: Decided to buy a Q7 - need some advice