Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Keyless go not working on Audi a6 c7

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless go not working on Audi a6 c7

Hi,

Yesterday i bought Audi a6 c7 2013 (model 2014) Prestige model and the keyless entry doesn't work. The keyless start is working perfectly but idk why with the door handles I cant lock or unlock the car. I have this kind of keys for my car: http://www.audicarkeys.com/wp-conten...ors-Opened.jpg
In the handles I have sensors (that little 1cm by 1cm square). I tried change the batteries in both key but still nothing and I tried open the trunk but nothing. With the key fob I can normally open, close or open the trunk just the keyless entry not working with any door. Can you have solution with my problem? Thank you very much and excuse my bad English!
Old 10-29-2017, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

If the car sits for a long time, it will shut down some functions, and that is one of them (entry via touching door handle). Usually, if that happens to me all is normal again after I start and drive it, which charges the main battery in the car. So, I would check that your main battery is good enough to hold the required charge so that the car does not "shut down". I think after 3 weeks my A6 will do this, it is still original battery, which I am pretty happy with, almost 5 years now.

There may be an MMI setting too, not sure.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by viktor1230
Hi,

Yesterday i bought Audi a6 c7 2013 (model 2014) Prestige model and the keyless entry doesn't work. The keyless start is working perfectly but idk why with the door handles I cant lock or unlock the car. I have this kind of keys for my car: http://www.audicarkeys.com/wp-conten...ors-Opened.jpg
In the handles I have sensors (that little 1cm by 1cm square). I tried change the batteries in both key but still nothing and I tried open the trunk but nothing. With the key fob I can normally open, close or open the trunk just the keyless entry not working with any door. Can you have solution with my problem? Thank you very much and excuse my bad English!
I'd be curious to find out how many keys show up as registered under car settings under mmi.
Also i don't recall but there maybe a setting that enables and disables the keyless function of doors.

I will check tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by porksoda
I'd be curious to find out how many keys show up as registered under car settings under mmi.
Also i don't recall but there maybe a setting that enables and disables the keyless function of doors.

I will check tomorrow.
Okay thank you so much for helping!
Old 10-30-2017, 02:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 180 Likes on 160 Posts

Hi,

Are you sure you have Keyless Entry and not just Keyless Start. All A6s have the "square" on the door handle so that is not a certain confirmation you have it. Look in either the service book for the car or in the spare wheel well and you should find the build information sheet for your car. Look in the list of option and see if you "4F2" listed. If you don't have it listed then the car does not have the Advanced key option installed and therefore no keyless entry
The following 2 users liked this post by John Simcox:
Gareth Luty (08-17-2020), Milos Zivkovic (05-05-2020)
Old 10-30-2017, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Okay thank you so much for helping!
Look as per John Simcox's suggestion. My build sheet is near the spare tire.

I checked in MMI:

If you go to Car:
- Car Systems
- Vehicle Settings
- Unlock Doors.
Here you can pick either Driver or All doors for unlocking.

I thought you could disable keyless entry but i dont think you can.

If you go to Car:
- Service and Checks
- Programmed Keys

See how many keys show up.
The following users liked this post:
Milos Zivkovic (05-05-2020)
Old 11-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Do you have chrome strip on top of the door handle or is it all painted in body color?
All A6 door handle has that square touch sensor but I was told the one with keyless entry has chrome strip on top of the door handle.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by powertech83
Do you have chrome strip on top of the door handle or is it all painted in body color?
All A6 door handle has that square touch sensor but I was told the one with keyless entry has chrome strip on top of the door handle.
Mine does not have a chrome a strip, it is painted the body color, and it does have keyless entry. Maybe that hold true for overseas, Non-USA, models???
Old 11-02-2017, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

the chrome is on the INSIDE as well as on the TOP of the handle where your fingers touch when you grab hold of the handles.
The Metal part i think is capacitive and thats how it unlocks the car if the key is nearby.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DanfZX14
Mine does not have a chrome a strip, it is painted the body color, and it does have keyless entry. Maybe that hold true for overseas, Non-USA, models???
Ah yes maybe it is only applies for non-USA models then. Then the OP should look up the option codes to see if he has keyless entry.

Originally Posted by porksoda
the chrome is on the INSIDE as well as on the TOP of the handle where your fingers touch when you grab hold of the handles.
The Metal part i think is capacitive and thats how it unlocks the car if the key is nearby.
Mine doesn't have chrome on the inner part, but it is matte plastic, definitely feel different texture on the touch than the glossy painted surface on the front area.

The chrome part is plastic too, capacitive touch doesn't need to be metal as the square lock touch area is painted plastic too

Quick Reply: Keyless go not working on Audi a6 c7