Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

TDI EPA Fix Completed

Old 11-07-2017, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default TDI EPA Fix Completed

I'm starting this thread with the hope that those who have the EPA Settlement Fix done to their TDI will report here with their experience - especially how is the car after the fix has been done? Performance change? Mileage change? Are you as happy with the car after the fix as you were before the fix? Your overall thoughts?

Please, let's leave this thread for those who have actually had the job done to their cars. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default i'm sorry but...

I couldn't resist....this cartoon came to mind when I read your post...
Old 11-09-2017, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 565 Likes on 447 Posts

Good thread here to lurk on: First impression of a fixed 3.0L TDI Gen 2 - TDIClub Forums
Old 11-09-2017, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

We shall see!

Stopped by the dealer today as I'm in the process of purchasing another Audi. Had an appointment on Nov, 17th for service, was going to ask about them doing the TDI fix then. Figured I'd talk to service since I was there about the fix.

Actually ended up being connected with the Service Director. I ask if they are offering the fix yet, he says the are and asked when I wanted to get it done. I informed him that I had an appointment for service and wanted to get it done then if possible, he then shifted the conversation and asked if I could drop off the vehicle in the morning and they'd get it done and back to me the same day. Initially I didn't know what to say and paused, he then told me to make an appointment that worked for me. I responded by asking if they had loaners available right now, which they did, and we proceeded to start the paperwork.

Said the car should be done tomorrow afternoon or Saturday at the latest (they are doing the fix, 45k service and looking at the A/C)

I will be sure to update once I get it back and have a chance to drive it a bit.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMysticWizard1
We shall see!

Stopped by the dealer today as I'm in the process of purchasing another Audi. Had an appointment on Nov, 17th for service, was going to ask about them doing the TDI fix then. Figured I'd talk to service since I was there about the fix.

Actually ended up being connected with the Service Director. I ask if they are offering the fix yet, he says the are and asked when I wanted to get it done. I informed him that I had an appointment for service and wanted to get it done then if possible, he then shifted the conversation and asked if I could drop off the vehicle in the morning and they'd get it done and back to me the same day. Initially I didn't know what to say and paused, he then told me to make an appointment that worked for me. I responded by asking if they had loaners available right now, which they did, and we proceeded to start the paperwork.

Said the car should be done tomorrow afternoon or Saturday at the latest (they are doing the fix, 45k service and looking at the A/C)

I will be sure to update once I get it back and have a chance to drive it a bit.

Report back ASAP my friend.

Grey
Old 11-10-2017, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 565 Likes on 447 Posts

Reports of Issues after being 'fixed': https://www.reddit.com/r/tdi/comment...rs_working_it/
Old 11-10-2017, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
Reports of Issues after being 'fixed': https://www.reddit.com/r/tdi/comment...rs_working_it/
Thanks for posting that. Sure sounds like a good reason to NOT do the fix any time soon.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dropped mine off Friday AM (11/10) for the fix. Said they would call mid-day. Didn't receive a call Friday or Saturday. In this case I'm assuming "no news is bad news". I'll post once I get it back and drive it for a bit.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Q7pgh1
Dropped mine off Friday AM (11/10) for the fix. Said they would call mid-day. Didn't receive a call Friday or Saturday. In this case I'm assuming "no news is bad news". I'll post once I get it back and drive it for a bit.
The job is supposed to only take 3 hours; but I'll bet that they may be trying to address some of the problems posted in that Reddit page.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
The job is supposed to only take 3 hours; but I'll bet that they may be trying to address some of the problems posted in that Reddit page.
I remember reading about the 3 hours. I did ask if they had all the parts and he thought they did. He did call about 20 minutes after I left and asked for the claim number. I don't want to rush them since I want it done correctly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TDI EPA Fix Completed