Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Rearseat armrest angle question

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Rearseat armrest angle question

Is it supposed to be this low? I've never seen a rear armrest angle so low, there seem to be two stages to it, but is it supposed to stay up like the front arm rest if you click it up, or is mine just hanging too low?

This looks really odd to me:

Old 11-13-2017, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

That looks really odd. I'm not sure why one would want their drinks leaning forward. I'll check mine for you but I recall mine are pretty flat and not angles like that
Old 11-13-2017, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Never even used mine but I checked & it sits perfectly level. Did one of your urchins sit on it when you weren't looking?
Old 11-13-2017, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No, nobody sat on it.
It was only used once and my son was in his car seat the whole trip. I put it down so he has a place to put his headphones (placed nicely in the cup holder) Then I folded it up to get his blanked from underneath, when I folded it back down I realized it was sitting too low.
Cad, does it go down if you put your arm on it and maybe just lean as you would trying to settle? I suppose it should be able to handle that much weight? Better yet, don't, I don't want you to mess yours if it's that sensitive.
I am now also wondering if we forgot the back at a higher angle and if reclining the center would help or not. I'll go back and experiment after I hear from you guys.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
No, nobody sat on it.
It was only used once and my son was in his car seat the whole trip. I put it down so he has a place to put his headphones (placed nicely in the cup holder) Then I folded it up to get his blanked from underneath, when I folded it back down I realized it was sitting too low.
Cad, does it go down if you put your arm on it and maybe just lean as you would trying to settle? I suppose it should be able to handle that much weight? Better yet, don't, I don't want you to mess yours if it's that sensitive.
I am now also wondering if we forgot the back at a higher angle and if reclining the center would help or not. I'll go back and experiment after I hear from you guys.
I’ll have to check when I get home tonight (got the Q5 today). It seemed pretty sturdy....
Old 11-17-2017, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Just checked mine, its straight. Is your center seat leaning forward in that pic?
Old 11-17-2017, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No it wasn't but Is it possible the angle of the seat makes it look like that, what I would love for you guys to check is the distance from seat bottom cushion to the edge of the armrest closer to front.
The armrest really does look level with the floor, maybe it's illusion now that we look at the picture? Maybe seat dips as it goes back?

Here is a picture if I tilt it using photoshop, but then rear seat looks like it's on a slope.

Last edited by hayde_bre; 11-17-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have a feeling your seat backs (or at least the middle seat) are adjusted very upright. I have mine (very) slightly reclined & the arm rest is perfectly straight with 6 inches from the seat to the bottom of the armrest at the front corner. When I adjust the center backrest to slightly more upright, the armrest slopes down significantly.. Sorry no pic - wife has a bunch of stuff back there.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hayde - Here are some images from mine

Here you see some pics. Looks pretty straight to me. Now when I try to angle the camera to be level with the seat base, then yet the arm rest can look tilted down. However, the armrest is pretty straight if I were to put a leveler to it
Attached Thumbnails Rearseat armrest angle question-img_5065.jpg   Rearseat armrest angle question-img_5066.jpg   Rearseat armrest angle question-img_5067.jpg  
Old 11-18-2017, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, doesn’t look right. Here is a pic of mine. One thing I noticed is, with it a few inches up from full recline, the arm rest was almost parallel with the level of the window.

Rearseat armrest angle question-photo980.jpg

Quick Reply: Rearseat armrest angle question