Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Minor annoyances and "did they really?"

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Minor annoyances and "did they really?"

So I wanted to start this thread for the obvious...

Mine
Why is the hatch latch so frickin' loud? Sounds like something popped and broke
Why does the line light on the Bose speakers not change with the interior line lighting?

Why are the damn cupholder so small??? Just kidding, I dont care, just wanted to get that out of the way before it takes over this thread!!
Old 12-21-2017, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Particularly noticeable in cold weather, is the absence of LED indicator for steering wheel heating? Why Audi, WHY???
That must have saved them $$$$$ per vehicle!
Old 12-21-2017, 12:22 PM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Ok very minor, if not petty first world problems.

* When I wash the Q with the FOB inside the vehicle or in my pocket anytime water hits the door handles it makes the alarm chirp and lights flash. I think the handles are too sensitive. I know I should just move the FOB but I'm being "petty".

* Why do the heated mirrors only work if it’s under 69 degrees. I know it sounds crazy but in the warm weather when its humid and raining the mirrors usually fog up. So in other vehicles I will turn on the heated mirrors to clear them. In the Q7 they don’t work if it’s too warm out, this is the first vehicle I’ve owned that does this.

* The extremely tiny red LED indicator for the rear wiper. I mean seriously.

* I wish a light pull on the windshield washer stalk would allow me to just lightly spray or (for the lack of a better word) "spritz" the windshield instead of soaking it, and the roof, and the side windows.

Last edited by JT4; 12-21-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4

* When I wash the Q with the FOB inside the vehicle or in my pocket anytime water hits the door handles it makes the alarm chirp and lights flash. I think the handles are too sensitive. I know I should just move the FOB but I'm being "petty".

* I wish a light pull on the windshield washer stalk would allow me to just lightly spray or (for the lack of a better word) "spritz" the windshield instead of soaking it, and the roof, and the side windows.

If the FOB is inside the vehicle, it should not be locking/unlocking when you touch the handles. Something is wrong if Audi didn't design it that way.
I also wish we could do a light pull on washer, I actually used to do this a lot with my X5 because I wanted to get more washer before it started wiping, or actually control how much washer the windshield gets between wipes, it was very helpful.
I don't mind the Q7 wiper quality, though. It's very quiet and effective. The windshield itself, though, a bit weird. It stains easily.

We had annoying issues thread, I believe some of these were covered there.
Old 12-22-2017, 02:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rear wiper turns in in reverse when front are on or in auto and raining.

Wish the buttons for the third rows seats that are in the trunk were recessed. Noticed when having a bunch of stuff in the truck can press on them accidentally.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:58 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
If the FOB is inside the vehicle, it should not be locking/unlocking when you touch the handles. Something is wrong if Audi didn't design it that way.
I also wish we could do a light pull on washer, I actually used to do this a lot with my X5 because I wanted to get more washer before it started wiping, or actually control how much washer the windshield gets between wipes, it was very helpful.
I don't mind the Q7 wiper quality, though. It's very quiet and effective. The windshield itself, though, a bit weird. It stains easily.

We had annoying issues thread, I believe some of these were covered there.
I should had been more clear.. When the FOB is inside it doesn't lock/unlock, but it still sounds the alert as if it is..So as I'm hosing the side of the Q it's constantly chirping. Again not a big deal..

As far as the washer, I used to do exactly what you explained above in current and previous vehicles. Just a slight pull and light spray would come out..
Old 12-22-2017, 04:00 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jimminez
Rear wiper turns in in reverse when front are on or in auto and raining.

Wish the buttons for the third rows seats that are in the trunk were recessed. Noticed when having a bunch of stuff in the truck can press on them accidentally.
I did this once over the summer, I thought it was just me..LOL
Old 12-22-2017, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
I did this once over the summer, I thought it was just me..LOL
Yah, it startled me. Bunch of stuff in the car going on a road trip and looking for somthing, moving things around, and all of a sudden the seats start going up. I was like WTF!? Car has gremlins. Nope.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JT4

* Why do the heated mirrors only work if it’s under 69 degrees. I know it sounds crazy but in the warm weather when its humid and raining the mirrors usually fog up. So in other vehicles I will turn on the heated mirrors to clear them. In the Q7 they don’t work if it’s too warm out, this is the first vehicle I’ve owned that does this.

* The extremely tiny red LED indicator for the rear wiper. I mean seriously.

so your mirrors dont have a defrost button?
Old 12-22-2017, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sr007
Particularly noticeable in cold weather, is the absence of LED indicator for steering wheel heating? Why Audi, WHY???
That must have saved them $$$$$ per vehicle!

so you cant see the box that pops up in the IP that says 'steering wheel heating off/on' ?

Quick Reply: Minor annoyances and "did they really?"