Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

New Owner! Couple questions...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default New Owner! Couple questions...

Just picked up my SQ5 today! Liking it so far, but I'm having a couple issues I can't figure out. This is a Premium Plus with no Nav or VC, or DAP.
1) I want to transfer my music from a USB to the car. The manual says to open "Jukebox" and do it there. But I have no Jukebox in my sources menu.
2) Can I not lock the doors while the car is running, say to run into the gas station?
3) Also can't seem to open the hatch while the car is running?
4) In Android Auto how do you select the bottom row of functions (phone, music, Nav)? It seems I can't just open up Maps or text messages with any voice command I tried.
5) my interior light level adjustment does not do anything (dealer problem obviously)
6)OBDeleven is worth it! So far turned off Auto Stop/Start, set blinker to 4, MMI in motion, Central Lock while car is running (didn't really care for this, still had to push the key fob to unlock, just pulling the door handle didn't work). But do I have RGB lighting capability? Or auto High Beam?
Old 01-13-2018, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

No advice anyone?
Old 01-13-2018, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks to rbreeze for listing all the cool obdeleven tweaks! I just did seat belt chime off, seat and wheel heaters a bit warmer, gear number displayed, and Scandinavian DRL. Has anyone figured out a way for the DRL to stay lit when the turn signal is on?
Old 01-13-2018, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by augerpro
Thanks to rbreeze for listing all the cool obdeleven tweaks! I just did seat belt chime off, seat and wheel heaters a bit warmer, gear number displayed, and Scandinavian DRL. Has anyone figured out a way for the DRL to stay lit when the turn signal is on?
Which device are you using? I'm looking to get one also.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just picked up my SQ5 today! Liking it so far, but I'm having a couple issues I can't figure out. This is a Premium Plus with no Nav or VC, or DAP.
1) I want to transfer my music from a USB to the car. The manual says to open "Jukebox" and do it there. But I have no Jukebox in my sources menu.
2) Can I not lock the doors while the car is running, say to run into the gas station?
3) Also can't seem to open the hatch while the car is running?
4) In Android Auto how do you select the bottom row of functions (phone, music, Nav)? It seems I can't just open up Maps or text messages with any voice command I tried.
5) my interior light level adjustment does not do anything (dealer problem obviously)
6)OBDeleven is worth it! So far turned off Auto Stop/Start, set blinker to 4, MMI in motion, Central Lock while car is running (didn't really care for this, still had to push the key fob to unlock, just pulling the door handle didn't work). But do I have RGB lighting capability? Or auto High Beam?
2. No, the key needs to be in the car while it's running.
3. You can, but the car needs to be in park . Mine works just fine last I checked .
4. Pull the rotary **** back and you can select the bottom row, alternatively hit the back from any of the AA menus.
5.Are you using the **** by your headlight control? Push it in, then it'll pop out for adjustments .
Old 01-13-2018, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Steve Cohen
Which device are you using? I'm looking to get one also.
OBDeleven

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot
2. No, the key needs to be in the car while it's running.
3. You can, but the car needs to be in park . Mine works just fine last I checked .
4. Pull the rotary **** back and you can select the bottom row, alternatively hit the back from any of the AA menus.
5.Are you using the **** by your headlight control? Push it in, then it'll pop out for adjustments .
3) It's working today. Weird.
4) Ah, I will try that, thank you!
5) I was using the light adjustment in MMI
Old 01-14-2018, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hatch opened itself and hit the garage door today...
Old 01-14-2018, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hatch opened itself and hit the garage door today...
Are you sure nothing hit the fob? You would be the first one on here to have that happen from what I've seen .
Old 01-14-2018, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Could have been the fob in my pocket in the house. Someone else here had a similar issue, can't remember why. Still I thought you had to be really close to get it to open with the fob.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not sure if it is a coincidence or not, but I got steering wheel heater malfunction. So backed down the setting from 36C to 35C. Got it again so I'll go back to default 34C. Fault message in OBDeleven says temp sensor faulty. On a related note, if I have to take this to the dealer in case there is a permanent issue, what do you think they can see for changes I've done with OBDeleven?

Quick Reply: New Owner! Couple questions...