S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Top View Camera

Old 01-15-2018, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Top View Camera

Is there a firmware upgrade that's been released to stop the top view camera from defaulting back to the graphic view? That has become annoying
Old 01-15-2018, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not that I have heard. I just had my car in for the fan problem. The tech claimed he checked it every day for the week and a half it was there and couldn't reproduce the problem. Probably because he didn't move it and didn't trip the sonar sensors that bring up the graphic. Its driving me crazy too because the graphic is pretty useless...just tells you what the sounds do. That visual should be disabled completely if you have the top view camera.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cpippolo
Not that I have heard. I just had my car in for the fan problem. The tech claimed he checked it every day for the week and a half it was there and couldn't reproduce the problem. Probably because he didn't move it and didn't trip the sonar sensors that bring up the graphic. Its driving me crazy too because the graphic is pretty useless...just tells you what the sounds do. That visual should be disabled completely if you have the top view camera.
Is it possible we form a list of people looking for a fix and send it to audi directly?
Old 01-20-2018, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in agreement with millersntx, it's truly annoying to constantly switch to the drone view from the graphic view; the process has come as a part of my normal routine when I start the car. I submitted the "bug" to Audi of America but have not heard of anything. I'm for a group petition if there is enough interest.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Mine has never switched from camera to graphic view in 10k miles. I'm guessing this doesn't hit all cars?
Old 01-21-2018, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ajpuciat
Mine has never switched from camera to graphic view in 10k miles. I'm guessing this doesn't hit all cars?
Consider yourself lucky. I am jealous. Could you maybe tell us what version MMI software your car is running ? This will help when I make the petition.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jettaway
Consider yourself lucky. I am jealous. Could you maybe tell us what version MMI software your car is running ? This will help when I make the petition.
Let me know how to check and I will
Old 01-21-2018, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

MMI > Settings > (left menu) System Maintenance > Version Info > Software version: XXXX
Old 01-21-2018, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by yabi
MMI > Settings > (left menu) System Maintenance > Version Info > Software version: XXXX
Version 0918
Old 01-21-2018, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting. Mine is at 1118. You'd think with a later version bugs would be fixed, not introduced. Thanks for looking.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Top View Camera