A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A8 3.0 TDI Quattro 2005 -Hardware number on phone-

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A8 3.0 TDI Quattro 2005 -Hardware number on phone-

When I did lose voltage on my car or under a update for my MMI 2G I also lost hardware number on my phone, cd player and gateway in my MMI 2G so I cant update cd with number 2 -phone cd- (and I cant get to 55.70 on the firmware side) so I can use my bluetooth to connect my android phone.
I do have the vcds cable from ross-tech.
Can someone help me and tell me how to access the phone with my ross-tech cable so I can add the hardware number to my car again please?

Thanks
CamFix (Jan)
Old 01-16-2018, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Link to pictures where you can see what`s missing.
https://imgur.com/a/YrNoB
Old 01-17-2018, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CamFix
When I did lose voltage on my car or under a update for my MMI 2G I also lost hardware number on my phone, cd player and gateway in my MMI 2G so I cant update cd with number 2 -phone cd- (and I cant get to 55.70 on the firmware side) so I can use my bluetooth to connect my android phone.
I do have the vcds cable from ross-tech.
Can someone help me and tell me how to access the phone with my ross-tech cable so I can add the hardware number to my car again please?

Thanks
CamFix (Jan)
1) The hardware number on those devices in your screen shots is not lost - there's a fault in the MMI so that the 'red screens' don't correctly show the number and show "????" instead. I have identical Gateway and Telefon-EU in my UK car; they too show "????" on the red screens. If you run VCDS the Autoscan will show you the part numbers - Gateway will be 4E0 907 468n and Telefon will be 4E0 862 333n.
2) The 'Phone CD isn't any good for you; CD2 in Europe in the 5570 set of three is for Bluetooth phones known as "Handyvorb2" and "BTA". You don't have one of those; you have "Telefon-EU" which uses SIM in arm. You already have the latest code - 0770 - in that unit.
3) The "Telefon EU" ECU seems to have Bluetooth but it is only of use to connect with the Motorola handset in the arm. You can't connect any BT phones to it.
4) I don't understand what you mean by "can't get to 55.70 on the firmware side"

Julian
Old 01-17-2018, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by JulianHicks
1) The hardware number on those devices in your screen shots is not lost - there's a fault in the MMI so that the 'red screens' don't correctly show the number and show "????" instead. I have identical Gateway and Telefon-EU in my UK car; they too show "????" on the red screens. If you run VCDS the Autoscan will show you the part numbers - Gateway will be 4E0 907 468n and Telefon will be 4E0 862 333n.
2) The 'Phone CD isn't any good for you; CD2 in Europe in the 5570 set of three is for Bluetooth phones known as "Handyvorb2" and "BTA". You don't have one of those; you have "Telefon-EU" which uses SIM in arm. You already have the latest code - 0770 - in that unit.
3) The "Telefon EU" ECU seems to have Bluetooth but it is only of use to connect with the Motorola handset in the arm. You can't connect any BT phones to it.
4) I don't understand what you mean by "can't get to 55.70 on the firmware side"

Julian
Thanks Julian.
I did a checkup with vcds and you are spot on. I can see the hardware number there.
I could only update to SW 51.5.0 0739 It says:
D3-HU 51.5.0 0739
HA DD3-HU 6300D2.0
FC SW: 02332AUFC78K0F46n
FC PS: 0020 FC HW: H42
I have tryed to update the phone with cd 2 several times but it will not update.
When I search for my car with the bluetooth on my samsung Note 4 it will find the car and when I try to connect the mmi screen ask me if I will try to connect and I then try to connect. I use the code 1234 in the car and on the phone when it ask for code.
I do not what to do. I do have a simcard in the armrest and a motorola phone but I have been told it will work if I can get to update the phone part with the cd in slot one. The strange thing is: I only got to SW 51.5.0 when I did the mmi update.
Ps. When I click connect on my android phone the car ask me if I will try to bond with that phone.
CamFix
Old 01-17-2018, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

I could only update to SW 51.5.0 0739 It says:
D3-HU 51.5.0 0739
HA DD3-HU 6300D2.0
FC SW: 02332AUFC78K0F46n
FC PS: 0020 FC HW: H42

I have tryed to update the phone with cd 2 several times but it will not update.
When I search for my car with the bluetooth on my samsung Note 4 it will find the car and when I try to connect the mmi screen ask me if I will try to connect and I then try to connect. I use the code 1234 in the car and on the phone when it ask for code.
I do not what to do. I do have a simcard in the armrest and a motorola phone but I have been told it will work if I can get to update the phone part with the cd in slot one. The strange thing is: I only got to SW 51.5.0 when I did the mmi update.
Ps. When I click connect on my android phone the car ask me if I will try to bond with that phone.
CamFix
'Camfix'

1] Yes, you clearly are still on 5150 and I see too that you either have a TV or a Reversing Camera as you have a 6300D2.0 Control Head [aka 'Interfacebox']. If you have the 3CD set 4L0 998 961, CD 3 is the update CD for 5570. Just put it in CD1 slot and run the update.

2] You didn't read or understand my previous points 2] and 3]. CD2 is only for BT units IT IS NO USE TO YOU. The CD2 update code is looking for either a 'Handyvorb2' or 'BTA' BT phone unit and you haven't got one!!

Despite what anyone says or what you have read elsewhere, the 'Telefon-Eu' phone unit broadcasts a BT signal but the only device it works with is the Motorola BT handset. You need to replace the ECU with a 'BTA' ECU - part 4F1 862 335 - to be able to use a BT cellphone. It's not a straight replacement as you need to adapt the analog cable.

Julian
Old 01-17-2018, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

'Camfix'

1] Yes, you clearly are still on 5150 and I see too that you either have a TV or a Reversing Camera as you have a 6300D2.0 Control Head [aka 'Interfacebox']. If you have the 3CD set 4L0 998 961, CD 3 is the update CD for 5570. Just put it in CD1 slot and run the update.

2] You didn't read or understand my previous points 2] and 3]. CD2 is only for BT units IT IS NO USE TO YOU. The CD2 update code is looking for either a 'Handyvorb2' or 'BTA' BT phone unit and you haven't got one!!

Despite what anyone says or what you have read elsewhere, the 'Telefon-Eu' phone unit broadcasts a BT signal but the only device it works with is the Motorola BT handset. You need to replace the ECU with a 'BTA' ECU - part 4F1 862 335 - to be able to use a BT cellphone. It's not a straight replacement as you need to adapt the analog cable.

Julian
ok and thanks again
I will order that part and fix it. When I try to update with the cd 3 it says ERROR 176 FROM DEVICE. When I hit continue it came back with NOT OK on all after a few minutes.

CamFix
Old 01-17-2018, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

ok and thanks again
I will order that part and fix it. When I try to update with the cd 3 it says ERROR 176 FROM DEVICE. When I hit continue it came back with NOT OK on all after a few minutes.

CamFix
1] That BTA ECU part is almost certainly unavailable from Audi; or if it is available, will be about 1000 Euros. Ebay will provide one for about 300 euros. You need to get the carpet up on the driver side [left] and make sure you get the appropriate connector to adapt the car cable to the ECU connector.

2] Since you updated with CD1 to 5150, that implies the CD3 is faulty. Are you using an original CD or a download written to a CDR/CDRW?

Julian
Old 01-17-2018, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

1] That BTA ECU part is almost certainly unavailable from Audi; or if it is available, will be about 1000 Euros. Ebay will provide one for about 300 euros. You need to get the carpet up on the driver side [left] and make sure you get the appropriate connector to adapt the car cable to the ECU connector.

2] Since you updated with CD1 to 5150, that implies the CD3 is faulty. Are you using an original CD or a download written to a CDR/CDRW?

Julian
I am using the original cd`s
Should I enable eeprom update in MMI settings in the green menu maybe?

CamFix
Old 01-17-2018, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Should I enable eeprom update in MMI settings in the green menu maybe?

CamFix
I've no idea what that option is for and it's not required, I believe, for MMI updates from the CD Drive.

Looks like various other users have had the Error 176 from Device message but no-one seems to have resolved it!

Julian
Old 01-17-2018, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I've no idea what that option is for and it's not required, I believe, for MMI updates from the CD Drive.

Looks like various other users have had the Error 176 from Device message but no-one seems to have resolved it!

Julian
Yea, I agree /
Looks like I dont need the last update anyway Julian.
Thanks again for the help.
You are awesome Julian!

CamFix /Jan