Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Data deep inside the cars system

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Data deep inside the cars system

Hallo everybody. My name is Thomas. I am from Germany. Just bought a 2008 S5. Decided to register in a US Forum because I have to say from my experience people in the states are much more helpful and enthusiastic about their cars than here in my country. Thats my experience after long time member in renntech and rennlist Porsche forums.

i would like to start with a very sad story.
i was cheated very bad while buying the car . We haven’t this Carfax story like you and it’s very difficult to proof sometimes the real story behind the vehicle . Anyway I bought a car which looks inside and outside very clean. Low mileage. 2 owners. Checked the service books.
In the end I was cheated very badly. Mileage was manipulated and the papers where cooked . Even the identity of the person who sold me the car is fake.
maybe i am going more into details later if somebody is interested. For now I would like to ask a question. Because the seller isnt registered under the address in his fake passport I need to find out from where he is.
My question: is there anywhere deep inside the cars data history a way to find out, where or in which area the car was driving the day or the weeks before I got it. Somewhere deep in the navigation or maybe radio channels which where used. Any small information which can give me a hint from where this person came
if there is any possibility I would be happy to know.
thank you very much!!!
Old 01-20-2018, 12:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

very Pity nobody has to say anything.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I purchased my '13 S5, the Bluetooth phone setting from the previous owner had not been cleared. His iPhone default name was actually his real name. "blank blank's iPhone". I found him on LinkedIn based on name and geographical location from the CarFax report. I did make successful friendly contact...certainly not your situation.

Good Luck,
Jack in Ohio
Old 01-22-2018, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JackInOhio
When I purchased my '13 S5, the Bluetooth phone setting from the previous owner had not been cleared. His iPhone default name was actually his real name. "blank blank's iPhone". I found him on LinkedIn based on name and geographical location from the CarFax report. I did make successful friendly contact...certainly not your situation.

Good Luck,
Jack in Ohio
Thank you for your attention Jack. I will try to find out something in this way. One Audi dealer told me, the navigations trash basket can not be cleared. Curious if this is a fact. If yes I have a chance. Thank you