S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2017 S6 Sport Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 05:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 S6 Sport Exhaust

Week two of owning my first Audi (mostly MB and Porsche prior). Absolutely love the car, the handling is a bit heavy but that is being critical. I do have the sport exhaust and it really is outstanding, especially when using the paddle shifters. Has anybody done and H or X pipe and regretted it? I think it would be a non brainer with a stock set up, I would not mind little more sound but I'd hate to take away from what is there.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just installed an x pipe on mine with a sports exhaust. This was the best mod and cheapest I’ve done on any car. Definitely growls a lot more and makes it enjoyable without it being obnoxious. I highly recommend it and it’s reversible.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the feedback, sounds like Xpipe is more popular than H from what I've read. I think I might just have to order one, just wanted to make sure it did not change that very nice rumble it does when downshifting and the rpm's hit around 3-4K
Old 01-22-2018, 10:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was thinking of doing that too, but have a few concerns. First, I wanted this to be a 'bolt-on' deal, but it's not. You need to cut your factory exhaust, which I don't really want to do. Second, I wouldn't want the car any louder inside when cruising in comfort mode (don't know if it becomes louder yet, so maybe one of you can answer that). And third, how is it going to sound when 'V4' mode kicks in? Right now I can hear a rumble resembling getting a bit on the throttle, but it's the 4-cyl 'drone'. I can feel it kicking in, and the green bar on the fuel economy window confirms it. If I was to do this, I'd probably permanently disable 'COD'. Somebody said turning T/C off (or to sport, rather) did the trick, but it does not in my car; it still kicks in. It's not that annoying, but what surprised me is it was kicking in at over 90 mph. At that speed on that pig of a car must be stressing the engine a lot IMO. I might disable it even without the X-pipe mod. How much better economy you get with that crap? Probably not that much, since the engine has to work a lot harder in 4 cyl than 8 IMO. I suspect it's like the start/stop, which is more hype than savings, and I always have it deactivated. Please keep us posted what you did, and your results. If it makes more noise outside, but not more inside in comfort mode, I'd be interested. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by elp_jc
I was thinking of doing that too, but have a few concerns. First, I wanted this to be a 'bolt-on' deal, but it's not. You need to cut your factory exhaust, which I don't really want to do. Second, I wouldn't want the car any louder inside when cruising in comfort mode (don't know if it becomes louder yet, so maybe one of you can answer that). And third, how is it going to sound when 'V4' mode kicks in? Right now I can hear a rumble resembling getting a bit on the throttle, but it's the 4-cyl 'drone'. I can feel it kicking in, and the green bar on the fuel economy window confirms it. If I was to do this, I'd probably permanently disable 'COD'. Somebody said turning T/C off (or to sport, rather) did the trick, but it does not in my car; it still kicks in. It's not that annoying, but what surprised me is it was kicking in at over 90 mph. At that speed on that pig of a car must be stressing the engine a lot IMO. I might disable it even without the X-pipe mod. How much better economy you get with that crap? Probably not that much, since the engine has to work a lot harder in 4 cyl than 8 IMO. I suspect it's like the start/stop, which is more hype than savings, and I always have it deactivated. Please keep us posted what you did, and your results. If it makes more noise outside, but not more inside in comfort mode, I'd be interested. Thanks.
I will be doing the EPL stage one tomorrow morning, I'll give that a week or so and see what happens to the sound. If it still has the overruns I will probably call it good, if that goes away X pipe likely my next move.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by elp_jc
I will be doing the EPL stage one tomorrow morning, I'll give that a week or so and see what happens to the sound. If it still has the overruns I will probably call it good, if that goes away X pipe likely my next move.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The EPL ECU/TCU is as good as all I've read, actually better than I expected. It was already very fast but now stupid fast, the customer support from Chris was top notch as well. Being able to flash from the car using my laptop and my phone as the hot spot to connect was extremely convenient. Needless to say I highly recommend, smooths quick shifts and the power gain is worth every penny. I will look into the x pipe next, the sound is just as good as before but did lose some of the overrun I had prior to flashing.