Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

S5 SB Sunroof screen with a mind of its own

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S5 SB Sunroof screen with a mind of its own

Well it's Quebec and it's winter, but it's been amazing despite temperatures dropping extremely low.

However, throughout the season, I've entered my car with the sunroof's shade screen at different levels. Sometimes open, sometimes half closed or closed... anyone experience this?

Also, the other day while it was pretty warm 2C and despite being in an indoor parking... the car got a warning signal while driving, changed my RPM limit to 3500 and said to go to service... the warning did not come back on though... hesitating to bring it in.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Haven't heard of the sunshade problem before although I am not surprised. The B9 has many gremlins.
The other issue has been reported on the forum here is a link to one of the threads. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...-mode-2935082/
Old 01-23-2018, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Benstir
Well it's Quebec and it's winter, but it's been amazing despite temperatures dropping extremely low.

However, throughout the season, I've entered my car with the sunroof's shade screen at different levels. Sometimes open, sometimes half closed or closed... anyone experience this?

Also, the other day while it was pretty warm 2C and despite being in an indoor parking... the car got a warning signal while driving, changed my RPM limit to 3500 and said to go to service... the warning did not come back on though... hesitating to bring it in.
I had the sunroof shade screen thing and I think it's because I held the lock sensor on the door handle for a bit longer. All windows and sunroof were closed so I'm guessing it started closing the sun shade. Try this. Keep your sunshade closed for a while and see if it changes position. It's much harder to open the shade/windows from the door handle.

In general the sensors on the door handles are way too sensitive. I've locked the car from just brushing the door while getting around garage.