Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

New to 2012 A6 - MMI Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 11:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to 2012 A6 - MMI Issues

Hi, I just picked up a 2012 A6 3.0T. It’s awesome so far except I am not sure what I did to screw up the MMI but it’s stuck on telephone initializing please wait. When I bought the car everything was working GREAT. I paired my brothers phone with it to check the Bluetooth out and it played music well and everything then when I brought it home a few days later I decided to pair my cell home to it. My iPod was paired as an audio device and I had just deleted all the old owners info and renamed my Bluetooth to make it easier to connect stuff later. After this it would no longer connect and was just stuck searching. After a while I googled how to do the MMI 3 button reset and did this. That didn’t work and it was then stuck in the “telephone initializing please wait...” I then did a full factory reset and the exact same thing. Keep in mind that nav and and radio have no issues at all. When I click media it is just waiting to connect so then I click to find Bluetooth and it switches to the telephone screen to search and goes nowhere and finds nothing. Additionally after the factory reset and mmi resets the iPod still shows as a bonded device and when I try to remove it to reconnect it fails. I’m thinking I might have messed it up when I changed the name because the iPod was connected at the time with the old Bluetooth name and I didn’t disconnect it before changing. I was thinking maybe I should disconnect my battery to let the car fully reset but I can’t find enough online and honestly (I don’t know ANYTHING about these cars yet) so i’m worried it will turn into something being broken. Now I do have the mmi cable that I plug my iPod into and that works. It’s just my bletooth is stuck and the telephone screen won’t work right at all. So I have no clue what to do at this point and don’t want to pay the dealer if it’s something dumb I can do. Any suggestions??

I can make a video tomorrow if that helps showing everything i’m doing.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very curious as I'm about to get my car any day now and will need to do pairing. Keep us posted on the results.

My not Audi educated self thinks you might have to somehow remove all existing Bluetooth devices from MMI. I also wonder if somehow disconnecting power from the MMI for a period of time may wipe all of the current stored settings.

ben
Old 01-22-2018, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There were some weird pairing issues with bluetooth with older mmi versions. Check your mmi version.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by porksoda
There were some weird pairing issues with bluetooth with older mmi versions. Check your mmi version.
How can I check? Also, was wondering if disconnecting the battery would help? I just don't know what else to try... it's clear that there's somethign wrong however it was only after I changed the bluetooth name and tried to connect another device... it was working GREAT right before that >_<

Local dealer wants 150$ just to look at it...

I've tried seeing if I could do something from Audi connect but I can't connect with the car since the sim card is not in it but I do have the sim card that came with the car (orig. owner never even used it and it's in the packaging in the glove box) Is it possible I could connect to the car with the sim card in or would i still need service? I'm thinking maybe if I mess with the phone settings it might help but i'm just not sure what to do... it's just STUCK.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by adollarwodbnice
How can I check? Also, was wondering if disconnecting the battery would help? I just don't know what else to try... it's clear that there's somethign wrong however it was only after I changed the bluetooth name and tried to connect another device... it was working GREAT right before that >_<

Local dealer wants 150$ just to look at it...

I've tried seeing if I could do something from Audi connect but I can't connect with the car since the sim card is not in it but I do have the sim card that came with the car (orig. owner never even used it and it's in the packaging in the glove box) Is it possible I could connect to the car with the sim card in or would i still need service? I'm thinking maybe if I mess with the phone settings it might help but i'm just not sure what to do... it's just STUCK.
first reboot the mmi, see if it fixes any issues.
- Setup button + Main Big Rotatory Button + Top Right Button (HOLD all three for a couple of seconds and let go screen will go in and out)

Also check what mmi version you have:
- root of mmi so you have a list of everything like nav, tel, media, radio, from that screen go to setup, settings and then version.

You cant really screw up any phone settings if you are not using the diagnostic cable or engineering menu. Perhaps it could be your phone with an update, check the mmi version and reboot and then report back.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

- Setup button + Main Big Rotatory Button + Top Right Button (HOLD all three for a couple of seconds and let go screen will go in and out)

- root of mmi so you have a list of everything like nav, tel, media, radio, from that screen go to setup, settings and then version.

You cant really screw up any phone settings if you are not using the diagnostic cable or engineering menu. Perhaps it could be your phone with an update, check the mmi version and reboot and then report back.
If that doesn't work clear out all the connected Bluetooth devices and try another phone if you have one available..Good Luck!

Last edited by DanfZX14; 01-23-2018 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Mine says the software version is HN+R_US_AU_P0409 , Does that help in anyway? It is still stuck in "Initializing Please Wait..." for over a month....
Old 02-22-2018, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Dealer updated my NAV Map software

Bought a "new" 2016 A6 TDI Quattro Premium Plus and took delivery this week.
The car was 'neutered' with the pollution fix before delivery.
Compared to my 2014 Q5 TDI Prestige I notice very little difference in performance.
Drove the A6 about 800 miles this week and it delivered about 33.5 mpg and the performance is impressive.
Part of the deal included updating the NAV Map software to the latest.
The NAV software version remained the same as MHI2_US_AUG_11_POS533
What changed was the Navigation Database Overall Version from
V03959801GC0035NAR2015 to V03959801GH0060NAR2017/2018.
Had to leave the car at the dealer for a full day for the download and install.
Old 02-25-2018, 04:19 AM
DDM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine says the software version is HN+R_US_AU_P0409 , Does that help in anyway? It is still stuck in "Initializing Please Wait..." for over a month....
That's a pretty old version. The OP on this thread was apparently having bluetooth issues with that version and resolved them with an update.
Old 02-25-2018, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

there is a tsb for various concerns that will bring it up to 942

Quick Reply: New to 2012 A6 - MMI Issues