S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

New! Carbon Fiber Center Console Overlay Upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 07:50 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New! Carbon Fiber Center Console Overlay Upgrade!

Audi B9 A4 and S4 ECS Carbon Fiber Center Console Overlay

We love the B9 interior, but there is always something to improve!
Give your cockpit race-inspired visual upgrades to match the rest of your build with the ECS Carbon Fiber Console Overlay Set!

The ECS Carbon Fiber Console Overlay Set gives your Audi a unique hint of style and a more race-inspired feel sitting in the driver seat.

With the console accented by our Carbon Fiber trim, you will enjoy seeing a distinct difference between the factory cockpit view with stunning hand laid carbon fiber and a glossy finish.

Click HERE for your Audi B9 A4 ECS Carbon Fiber Center Console Overlay

Click HERE for your Audi B9 S4 ECS Carbon Fiber Center Console Overlay
Old 01-23-2018, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve been waiting for this. Any photos available with the installed on a car with the CF interior option?
Old 01-25-2018, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Tightlines612
I’ve been waiting for this. Any photos available with the installed on a car with the CF interior option?
My impression is that this will look fantastic with the brushed aluminum look and horrible with the factory CF option. Kind of like wearing blue pants and a non-matching blue sport coat (it looks like it should match, but it really looks "off" in practice). The contrast with the aluminum is spectacular. Unless the factory CF matches EXACTLY with this offering, I'd say the look would be off-putting.

As usual: Often wrong, never uncertain, I remain.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning-Audi
Audi B9 A4 and S4 ECS Carbon Fiber Center Console Overlay

We love the B9 interior, but there is always something to improve!
Give your cockpit race-inspired visual upgrades to match the rest of your build with the ECS Carbon Fiber Console Overlay Set!

The ECS Carbon Fiber Console Overlay Set gives your Audi a unique hint of style and a more race-inspired feel sitting in the driver seat.

With the console accented by our Carbon Fiber trim, you will enjoy seeing a distinct difference between the factory cockpit view with stunning hand laid carbon fiber and a glossy finish.

Click HERE for your Audi B9 A4 ECS Carbon Fiber Center Console Overlay

Click HERE for your Audi B9 S4 ECS Carbon Fiber Center Console Overlay
This looks awesome. Pretend I know nothing about installing this (OK, you don't have to pretend), is this something you would think the dealer's service dept would install and not muck up? A body shop?

I wouldn't even dream of trying to install this myself, is the point. But this looks beautiful and I would love to have it professionally installed. As if you can't tell, I live in Cincinnati -- do you have a relationship with a company (or dealer) who would offer (for a price, of course) professional installation?

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

From the website, it appears that it just lays over the current surround, and is held in place by double sided tape. Can anyone confirm?
Old 01-25-2018, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Eli McCraig
From the website, it appears that it just lays over the current surround, and is held in place by double sided tape. Can anyone confirm?
I know it's NOT the same as window tinting, but here's what I have had happen (and sometimes I am the cause): The item we are lusting after is said to "require some assembly" or say "no tools required," or -- this is my favorite -- "only tool required for assembly is an allen-wrench (included)". Then when you get the product or object of your desire home and take it out of the box you find you get ONE chance to put it together correctly. In the case of the item with the allen-wrench the process of "screwing in" the fitting using the wrench "self-destructs" the fitting. If you get it anything less than perfect, bzzz, sorry, but thanks for playing.

I'm not saying I'm going to muck it up, chances are, I wouldn't. But I might. Those DIY window tinting installations leap to mind.

It would be good to know that if you peel off the tape and put it on 1/16th of an inch wrong, that you can IMMEDIATELY (before the glue cures) pull it up, reposition it and once you get it perfect the glue on the tape sets up and ultimately cures. I would hope it's more than just double sided tape -- imagine your horror if the car wash detailer gets his/her towel caught in the thing and pulls on it and the CF cover comes loose or cracks or worse.

Baring my soul: I'm great at several things, good at several more and crappy at some. This is EXACTLY the reason all those models that had to be hand-painted with oil-based paint that I got as a kid looked like someone who had had too much coffee painted them (me).

Now give me a surround sound set up to assemble and tune -- I'm great with a million wires -- getting every one to go where it's supposed to go, etc., not so much with the finesse this thing probably entails.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
My impression is that this will look fantastic with the brushed aluminum look and horrible with the factory CF option. Kind of like wearing blue pants and a non-matching blue sport coat (it looks like it should match, but it really looks "off" in practice). The contrast with the aluminum is spectacular. Unless the factory CF matches EXACTLY with this offering, I'd say the look would be off-putting.

As usual: Often wrong, never uncertain, I remain.
Completely agree and hence the concern. I'm not thrilled with the textured material in the car now and thought if it's a good match it may be worth a shot. No pictures of it with the factory carbon tells me it's not likely a good combo.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:15 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tightlines612
I don't have any at this time, but it is not a weave match to the genuine Audi carbon fiber.

Originally Posted by Eli McCraig
Bingo, this is an overlay. Very very easy to install yourself from the comfort of your own... driver seat!

-James
Old 02-02-2018, 01:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

is this available in RHD for us B9 S4 owners over the pond?
Old 02-07-2018, 11:32 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by Z1ppster
is this available in RHD for us B9 S4 owners over the pond?
Sorry, not at this time.

Quick Reply: New! Carbon Fiber Center Console Overlay Upgrade!