Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

ED sales person in NorCal/SF Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ED sales person in NorCal/SF Bay Area?

I'm looking for a sales person that's experienced in European Delivery in the SF Bay area or NorCal
Old 01-29-2018, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I live North of Sacramento and I am currently in the process of ordering European Delivery for an A3 Prestige. I would recommend giving Kyle Reid a call (916.317.7463) at Niello Audi in Sacramento. My experience so far has been excellent, Kyle seems very knowledgeable and is good about getting back to you. 5% off MSRP and no VAT collected.

Audi of Rocklin no discount off of MSRP.

Audi of Concord was happy to give me 5% off of MSRP. I was moving forward with them until I found out about their VAT "policy". They deposit your VAT check (19% of MSRP). OK, but instead of reimbursing your money when the car is confirmed dropped off for delivery back to the US. They don't reimburse your money until 90 days after the car is dropped off with an additional 5-10 days on top of that to process a check. I couldn't believe it the first time they wrote me, I had to get a second confirmation from the General Sales Manager. It totally goes against the wording on Audi's own FAQ document on European Delivery. I thought that was bogus, especially since some dealers don't even collect it or others just hold onto the check and return the check back to you. My understanding of collecting the VAT is to ensure that you drop off the car within 90 days of its European Delivery. Thanks but no thanks.

After that I emailed three other Nor Cal Audi dealers and Kyle from Niello was the only one to get back to me.

A
Old 01-31-2018, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting. I read about the VAT before my ED, but my dealer never brought it up and it was never an issue. No one ever asked me about it and I sure wasn't going to bring it up! Hooray for my (one) local dealer, I guess!
Old 01-31-2018, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Even though Audi no longer requires dealers to collect the VAT, it seems like each dealer treats the VAT payment differently. I did my European Delivery with Elk Grove Audi. They wanted a VAT payment check but would not cash it and they tore it up when my car showed up.
If you have any questions about the European Delivery your dealer cannot answer, email Brad Boyer. He is the USA Marketing Coordinator for European Deliveries. He will set up your hotel stay, delivery date and other info. After ordering through my dealer, I spent more time communicating with Brad to answer all my questions.
Here is Brad's contact info:

Bradley Boyer
Marketing Coordinator, European Delivery
bradley.boyer@audi.com
Old 07-16-2018, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello,
Any other recommendations for knowledgeable ED Sales professionals in the SF Bay Area ? I'll give Kyle a call tomorrow also. Any to absolutely avoid?
My wife works for American Airlines, is there still a Corp Discount program ? Can I get a subsequent discount with ED ? Looking at an A5 Manual Trans.

Thanks !
IrishBoy
SF Bay Area
Old 07-16-2018, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IrishBoy
Any other recommendations for knowledgeable ED Sales professionals in the SF Bay Area ? I'll give Kyle a call tomorrow also. Any to absolutely avoid?
My wife works for American Airlines, is there still a Corp Discount program ? Can I get a subsequent discount with ED ?
My experience with Kyle Reid was excellent. No VAT collection at Niello Audi. Although I had purchased my 2013 VW Passat in SF, I returned it to Niello VW because the location was convenient. As part of my TDI return, they offered a fixed discount on a new replacement from any of the Niello dealerships; it was applied to my A4 allroad ED purchase.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:07 PM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 573 Likes on 376 Posts

Hello,
My wife works for American Airlines, is there still a Corp Discount program ? Can I get a subsequent discount with ED ? Looking at an A5 Manual Trans.

Thanks !
IrishBoy
SF Bay Area
I think you missed out on MT. There is no sign of MT in the 2019 order guide and my dealer told me starting yesterday all new orders for A4/A5 are 2019.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MH62
I think you missed out on MT. There is no sign of MT in the 2019 order guide and my dealer told me starting yesterday all new orders for A4/A5 are 2019.
Agreed, just missed out on 6MT for 2019. Back to considering a 340 now .. or perhaps another 5er .. Thanks for the input ~
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2019 A5 coupe OG.pdf (702.7 KB, 80 views)
Old 07-18-2018, 10:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Agreed, just missed out on 6MT for 2019. Back to considering a 340 now .. or perhaps another 5er .. Thanks for the input ~
From the US, you can only get a US spec car with ED. I don't believe the A5 was ever offered in the US with 6MT. I'm disappointed that they discontinued the 6MT A4. The way Audi keeps changing their order guide every model year, I'd suggest ordering when to can get a car configured the way you want. My car was configured exactly how I wanted it, couldn't get this configuration in 2018 or 2019! Really feel bad for those who wanted a 6MT and waited.
I got tired of waiting for the S4 and 6MT A4 to launch back in 2016 and ordered a DSG A4. My first auto tranny in decades, been very happy with it especially DAP and traffic jam assist.

Last edited by lowjdml; 07-18-2018 at 10:47 PM.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello,

Thanks !
IrishBoy
SF Bay Area
Hi IrishBoy,

I did ED on a 2016 S3. I bought mine from Emane Ferzghi (EFerzghi@penskeautomotive.com from Audi Stevens Creek. When I bought it, he wasn't too knowledgeable but I thought his customer service was excellent and worked with me through this process. He's at least done this ED with me so he has that experience.

Overall - it was one of my most memorable experience driving through Prague, Vienna, Salzburg, Venice, Como, Zurich and Munich. Totally worth it and I encourage you to make the effort to do this.

- gookie