Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Who has had the diesel emissions fix done on a 2014 A6 TDI and results?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 09:01 AM
kkv
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has had the diesel emissions fix done on a 2014 A6 TDI and results?

Looking for feedback if anyone has had the diesel emissions fix done a 2014 A6 TDI.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 874 Likes on 715 Posts

I am also waiting for some feedback from others before getting the fix on my 2015 A6.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:30 PM
kkv
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary
I am also waiting for some feedback from others before getting the fix on my 2015 A6.
Thanks. Just about time for me to bring my car in for 4 year service. I'm going to ask the dealer if they've done any of the repairs yet and if so, how many. I don't want to be the guinea pig here.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Had mine done 1/10/18

Originally Posted by kkv
Looking for feedback if anyone has had the diesel emissions fix done a 2014 A6 TDI.
You should try searching the Q5 forum, as there's been much more commentary about all things TDI there than on the C7 A6 forum. That being said, I've put about 2k miles on mine since the fix, including a road trip from the New Orleans area to Daytona for the Rolex 24 race and back. Non-scientific seat of the pants observation - power output is the same. Engine noise is a little louder, especially when cold, but not bad. The transmission holds lower gears longer when cold (probably to facilitate quicker warm ups). Fuel usage around town is close to the same, while highway mileage during my road trip was about 2 mpg lower. I understand that the adblue usage is supposed to be higher, but haven't driven far enough to find out how much higher. I've had this car since September 2013 - leased when new and bought at lease end. I have about 86k miles on the car. If the car drove when I first picked it up in 2013 like it does post-fix in all respects I would have been very satisfied. It is still, in my opinion, the best combination of performance, economy, and luxury around.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kkv
I have a 2014 A6 TDI and had the fix done this week. Here's my experience;
-Took a while to get the appointment. The service advisors played ignorant until mid-January then set me up with an appointment and a loaner.
-Be sure to have your claim number with you.
-When I picked up the car after the service the adblue tank had been filled but not the fuel tank. I had to show the service advisor my booklet and he apologized and had the tank filled.
-To make a long story short, neither my wife nor I can find a single difference in the car before and after. I have read that it might sound a bit different at idle, but we've noticed no difference. Someone on another forum mentioned an odor from the exhaust. Even running the car in the garage we've noticed no such odor. No discernible change in acceleration, and no noticeable difference in the way the car shifts. I don't have enough miles on the vehicle to say if fuel economy has been affected but the DIC indicated mileage seems pretty typical. My wife and I might well be non-observant, but if we hadn't known that the emissions fix had been done we would have never known the difference. Just my $0.02.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Had mine done the end of January and have put 700 miles on it since then - no discernible difference in performance, MPG, NVH, etc.

I mentioned the full tank of fuel to the service advisor when I brought it in, which he was unaware of. I showed him the booklet and he added it to the service order.

Last edited by audi40; 02-06-2018 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kkv
I’ve posted my 2014 A7 results in a few of the model forums. Just click on my user name to the left and then click the ‘Find More Posts’ link.

Summary: No discernible difference once engine has warmed up (and differnces during warm up mode are barely noticeable).

Last edited by A7_TDI; 02-06-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:31 AM
kkv
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you very much for the feedback. Your experience sounds like what I've been anticipating based on everything I've read.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:33 AM
kkv
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks very much to everyone who has provided feedback. It's very helpful and puts my mind at ease.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had it done this past Saturday. Feedback is as following:
  • No discernible difference in engine noise - still sounds the same.
  • Cold start shows no different in RPM - around 950 RPM at startup and about 750-775 after initial warming cycle completes.
  • Gas mileage appears to be, more or less, the same - I will need to do a couple of tanks before I can tell for sure.
  • It does shift later than it used to, especially when cold. And, it also holds gears for longer - i.e. when I cruise at 55 and secondary warm-up cycle not fully complete, it'd hold 6th gear as opposed to 7th gear. I also noticed that when going uphill (and this after it has complete warmed up), it will downshift to a lower gear at the same load as opposed to pre-fix where it'd keep existing gear - i.e. I could be doing 65 uphill in 7th before the fix but now it will downshift to 6th and hold higher RPM.
  • It feels throttle response has been neutered a little bit when in regular D mode. You need to push the go-pedal a bit further before it downshifts and scoots.
  • Power delivery does appear to be unchanged, though.

And I got paid on Tuesday

Quick Reply: Who has had the diesel emissions fix done on a 2014 A6 TDI and results?