Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2015 Q7 - resale value?

Old 02-16-2018, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2015 Q7 - resale value?

Begin Rant,

Hi, we have a 2015 Q7 and are at the end of our lease. It's an S-line model and is in excellent condition. It has 39000 miles on it. The tires are new. We have a buy-out of $33k. We were offered basically nothing on trade! From what I see 2015 Q7's are selling for low to mid forties, so we have at least 5 grand in equity in that vehicle.

I, for one, am sick of the bs that car dealers pull. If you want to buy the car from them, it's a million dollars, but if they are going to take the same car in trade they'll give you ten bucks.

It's time for the internet to take over ALL car sales and snuff out the lying sacks of **** that are car salesmen. Much like realtors, the car sales men have become nothing more than leaches. They often know little to nothing about the cars you are looking at and offer no additional help in buying a car. They still treat women like **** (my wife went through that yesterday a Gault Toyota in Endicott, New York - the department run by A WOMAN, Connie Gault and in 2018 they still treat women like dopes).

End Rant.

Trying to talk my wife into just keeping this Q. LOL

Mike
Old 02-16-2018, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

I would keep the Q7. I just bought one like it for $38,000. from an Audi dealership. If you want to buy then sell yours yourself, you can probably do so on Autotrader. You will be taking the risk and time and trouble that a dealer assumes when taking in a trade however. You just have to decide if you are willing to do that to recover an extra 10% or so. I have done it both ways. FWIW I always buy 3 year old Audi’s because they are a great deal compared to new.
It might be hard to get more than $35k or so for yours selling it as an individual.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts
Default One more quick question

Did you already file for and recover your emissions settlement compensation? The lease customer provisions in it are designed to help cover the extra loss in value you suffered.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J. Patterson
I would keep the Q7. I just bought one like it for $38,000. from an Audi dealership. If you want to buy then sell yours yourself, you can probably do so on Autotrader. You will be taking the risk and time and trouble that a dealer assumes when taking in a trade however. You just have to decide if you are willing to do that to recover an extra 10% or so. I have done it both ways. FWIW I always buy 3 year old Audi’s because they are a great deal compared to new.
It might be hard to get more than $35k or so for yours selling it as an individual.
Exactly, the best deal is normally to just buy outright a couple years used or just off lease. I bought my 2014 Q7 S-Line last year with only 33,200 miles for $40k. That was from a dealer with the CPO warranty and Audi Care paid for to cover another 2 services. I doubt you could sell for much over that, but all areas can slightly differ. Good luck, and remember the dealer/finance guy at the end of the day is paid to rip you off as much as possible. Do the math and take your best angle! What are you into it for already? Add that up + the 33k and see what the cost of ownership is in this route compared to purchasing.

Last edited by foglem; 02-16-2018 at 07:09 AM.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I know I would not be able to sell it myself for what a dealer could, but the place taking the trade could have thrown us a bone and paid us $1000 more than the buyout! They would still stand to make $5 grand on a resale at $39k or so.

I think I am going to buy it and just drive it myself. My wife can have the new Minivan LOL.

Perhaps get an extended warrantee, APR tune and Pulley and up the power a bit!

Mike
Old 02-16-2018, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Negotiate BROTHA!!! Push them hard if you are buying another car from them and THEN negotiate the sticker (yes even if you lease) on the new one.

They always start with a major advantage on their side, walk-out in disgust and then wait for them to call back or call them back yourself and show up with documentation (KBB or Edmunds). They'll never give you full resale, they will want to make some money on the trade and they'll CPO it which costs a little -

the low-balling is super slimy, but sadly normal.

Last edited by arU4ic; 02-16-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps get an extended warrantee, APR tune and Pulley and up the power a bit!
Sadly with a S-Line you already have near the maximum HP the APR pulley and stage 2 provide. It's the main reason I haven't done that yet as our factory tunes are negligibly similar. 333hp stock vs 375 apr stage II with 91 octane. Of course if you don't mind being forced to 93 or 100 octane you can get a little bit more and it might be reasonable. But for $2000 it seems steep for a minimal improvement at higher altitude locations forced to use 91...

Perhaps I'm missing something and we get more than I suspect. I suppose they do show the B8 with 333 gets to 437hp. If that's the case it would be quite nice...

Last edited by foglem; 02-16-2018 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by foglem
Sadly with a S-Line you already have near the maximum HP the APR pulley and stage 2 provide. It's the main reason I haven't done that yet as our factory tunes are negligibly similar. 333hp stock vs 375 apr stage II with 91 octane. Of course if you don't mind being forced to 93 or 100 octane you can get a little bit more and it might be reasonable. But for $2000 it seems steep for a minimal improvement at higher altitude locations forced to use 91...

Perhaps I'm missing something and we get more than I suspect. I suppose they do show the B8 with 333 gets to 437hp. If that's the case it would be quite nice...
The APR tune is underrated by them, a friend had his A6 3.0 at stage 2 APR tune with the pulley and it had well over 400 hp on 93. I always put 93 octane in my M2 and RS6 so doing the same with the Q7 is not an issue. But even a 50 hp pump is easily appreciated! The Q7 as is is pretty peppy for a billion pound car LOL.

Mike
Old 02-17-2018, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Buying a car after you've leased it is a mistake. I made the mistake of buying my '08 X5 at lease end in 2011. At the time it was a 3 year old car with 28k miles and I had a $40k buyout. My dealer told me they would retail the car for $47 if I handed it back to them. So thinking it was a good deal I bought it. All in you end up paying full MSRP or more for the car. Add to that the maintenance cost and it's a bad deal. At the time the then new X5 hadn't changed much from the car I had so had something to do with it. In your case your '15 Q7 is a decade old design with old tech compared to what is available today. I would hand it back and move on. Either buy up front and keep forever or lease and get into another lease at expiration.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Puzz1
Buying a car after you've leased it is a mistake. I made the mistake of buying my '08 X5 at lease end in 2011. At the time it was a 3 year old car with 28k miles and I had a $40k buyout. My dealer told me they would retail the car for $47 if I handed it back to them. So thinking it was a good deal I bought it. All in you end up paying full MSRP or more for the car. Add to that the maintenance cost and it's a bad deal. At the time the then new X5 hadn't changed much from the car I had so had something to do with it. In your case your '15 Q7 is a decade old design with old tech compared to what is available today. I would hand it back and move on. Either buy up front and keep forever or lease and get into another lease at expiration.
good advise

why would the guy negotiate any trade in if the car is a lease. You either give it back or you buy it.

I would give it back and look again. Human nature too. Even if you are still happy with the q7 3 years in, pretty soon ur eyes will start to wander.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Q7 - resale value?