Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS5 Ordered

Today I put down a deposit to order my RS5! Here's my configuration:

Navarra blue metallic
Navigation package
Dynamic package
Black optic package
B & O sound system
Fine Nappa leather package w/rock gray stitching

My sales guy told me it'll likely be up to 6 months before arrival/delivery, but I've already been waiting (on a waitlist) for 9+ months, so what's a few more. :-)

Before people ask what I paid, I realize that some other people are good negotiators, and the bulk of the rest are likely full of crap. haha Anyhow, the price is exactly what you'd see on a build sheet.

Now it's time to wait ...
Old 02-22-2018, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Chris, congrats on your RS5 order. It sounds like you've got a good configuration there that includes all the essentials for a fun car. I am guessing that the Dynamic Package includes DRC and Dynamic Steering?
Old 02-22-2018, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by plat27265
Chris, congrats on your RS5 order. It sounds like you've got a good configuration there that includes all the essentials for a fun car. I am guessing that the Dynamic Package includes DRC and Dynamic Steering?
Thanks! The DRC is part of the dynamic package, but the dynamic steering is a separate, stand alone option. It was an extra $1,150 and wasn't something I wanted.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,246 Likes on 769 Posts

So your car will come with the standard 10 spoke 19 inch wheel?
Old 02-22-2018, 05:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congratulations. I guess you can custom order an RS5. I was hearing some chatter earlier today about how only market intro cars will be available right now with custom ordering to come later on this year. Anyway, happy to hear that's not the case.

BTW - you've got the exact same options and potentially color I'm thinking about (going back and fourth between navarra blue and glacier white). Was also thinking about driver assist package. I have a 2016 A6 prestige and have gotten so used to the HUD it's hard to imagine not having one.

One big disappoint. No carbon package???
Old 02-22-2018, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by synergize
So your car will come with the standard 10 spoke 19 inch wheel?
Yeah, those are standard. But the black optic package I got has the 20" trapezoid wheels.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rajmehta
Congratulations. I guess you can custom order an RS5. I was hearing some chatter earlier today about how only market intro cars will be available right now with custom ordering to come later on this year. Anyway, happy to hear that's not the case.

BTW - you've got the exact same options and potentially color I'm thinking about (going back and fourth between navarra blue and glacier white). Was also thinking about driver assist package. I have a 2016 A6 prestige and have gotten so used to the HUD it's hard to imagine not having one.

One big disappoint. No carbon package???
Navarra is amazing in person. You have to see it in person.

There are interior carbon inlays as standard. The black optic package makes all the exterior stuff black instead of the "silvery" aluminum color. It also makes the mirror housings body color.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Congratulations. Beautiful color. Look forward to seeing photos of it.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chris
Navarra is amazing in person. You have to see it in person.

There are interior carbon inlays as standard. The black optic package makes all the exterior stuff black instead of the "silvery" aluminum color. It also makes the mirror housings body color.

Awesome.

Congrats again. I'm hoping to put my order in soon.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

Put mine in yesterday. My dealer has never required a deposit for my '13 RS5 or current '18 S5. His Audi rep told him third quarter build, fourth quarter delivery.

Quick Reply: RS5 Ordered