A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've been a bit of a d**khead lol, maybe that will benefit someone else... (:

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 03:33 AM
Back axle behind the ears

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've been a bit of a d**khead lol, maybe that will benefit someone else... (:

So, even after reading a comment on my previous post saying no iOS, I went ahead and bought the OBDeleven device and PRO software...
Now, having realized for myself that there is indeed no iOS, I contacted them and asked for a refund...
They have refunded for the dongle and the postage but unfortunately, they don't do refunds for the PRO app code... I guess for obvious reasons...!!
So.... If anyone can make use of the code, I'll be happy to pass it on for free... First come first served I guess...
Quite typical of me tbh, I'll never learn...
Old 03-14-2018, 05:30 AM

Sold...!!
Old 03-14-2018, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by mixja23
So, even after reading a comment on my previous post saying no iOS, I went ahead and bought the OBDeleven device and PRO software...
Now, having realized for myself that there is indeed no iOS, I contacted them and asked for a refund...
They have refunded for the dongle and the postage but unfortunately, they don't do refunds for the PRO app code... I guess for obvious reasons...!!
So.... If anyone can make use of the code, I'll be happy to pass it on for free... First come first served I guess...
Quite typical of me tbh, I'll never learn...
Just buy an Samsung S3 for the software, less than $50 on Craigslist and put it in the car with the dongle. You can give the software to me and I'll give you something back when time comes if you decided not to buy an android phone or tablet.

Cheers,
Louis
Old 03-14-2018, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
Just buy an Samsung S3 for the software, less than $50 on Craigslist and put it in the car with the dongle. You can give the software to me and I'll give you something back when time comes if you decided not to buy an android phone or tablet.

Cheers,
Louis
Sorry mate, you just missed out, someone nipped in within an hour of the post...

It's ok, I'll just wait a little while an see if an iOS option pops up like they're saying it should...
Really not sure why they haven't incorporated wifi like Carly for BMW, they're missing a trick there if you ask me, how many iOS users are there....??
Sure they have a good reason but for the life of me, I can't think what it might be...!!
Old 03-15-2018, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Android is easier to conform to Google Play Store than Apple with the Apps Store. Android phones sold more than iPhones. Not all Audi's owners own iPhones. Anyhow, I don't really need the pro version, I just need to scan and do some basic coding, no need long codes.
Cheers,
Louis
Old 03-17-2018, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
Android is easier to conform to Google Play Store than Apple with the Apps Store. Android phones sold more than iPhones. Not all Audi's owners own iPhones. Anyhow, I don't really need the pro version, I just need to scan and do some basic coding, no need long codes.
Cheers,
Louis
I may have to bite the bullet the and as suggested earlier, just get an android for this purpose...
Having done a bit of research on the matter, I've seen they're actually 2 a penny here...!!
I'd defo prefer that to a Windows laptop tbh although, saying that, my wife wants to learn Excel and Word so maybe I could kill 2 birds with one stone in that regard...
However, the OBDeleven I think is more than suitable for what I would actually need it for...!!
Not only that, it's not really practical to cart a laptop about with you everywhere, particularly more so as I take my Mac to work everyday...!!
Having my Carly adapter with me and phone meant I would never be without the ability to check the car and it did get me out of trouble more than once when the X5 started playing up tbh...
Decisions decisions...............
Old 03-19-2018, 02:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Lol
Not only that, it's not really practical to cart a laptop about with you everywhere,
Trunk or boot as we say in the Uk
Old 03-19-2018, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by chokboywonda
Lol

Trunk or boot as we say in the Uk
I'm from London mate, it'll always be boot...

Not sure how long a laptop would last in the boot here tbh, it'll never get stolen lol but the amount of speed bumps and potholes here in Qatar beggars belief...!!!
Silky smooth tho the S8 is, they have a bad habit here of not marking speed bumps either, been caught out more than once at night...!!
Old 03-26-2018, 12:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Funny how no matter what country you are in them pot holes and speed bumps are always there. Can't wait for the hovver car.
I use the bag hooks in my car to stop my laptop getting tossed around one of the cheap, non electrica,l and functional things that works very well on this exceptional car.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by chokboywonda
Funny how no matter what country you are in them pot holes and speed bumps are always there. Can't wait for the hovver car.
I use the bag hooks in my car to stop my laptop getting tossed around one of the cheap, non electrica,l and functional things that works very well on this exceptional car.
They don't bother to mark or sign a lot of them here either, gotta be careful at night...

Ordered the adapter already, will just get a 2 bob tablet from here somewhere for 60-70 quid and hide it then lock it in the glovebox so nobody can see the shame I'm hiding of having a *cough* Android device in my armory...