A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Dash Cams

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dash Cams

Who's installed them?
What brand did you buy and are you happy?
How did you wire it in?
Old 03-15-2018, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

I got the F800 Pro and love it. Had the local stereo shop install it for ~$200 front & back.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by securityguy
Who's installed them?
What brand did you buy and are you happy?
How did you wire it in?
F800 pro installed in my 2018 Allroad as well. 2 channel. Had it hardwired by a shop here in Toronto. They did a fantastic job and the camera is great!
Old 03-16-2018, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been looking at eh new Owl Dashcam as a possibility. Seems really simple and easy.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
I've been looking at eh new Owl Dashcam as a possibility. Seems really simple and easy.
Problem is that it's huge, relatively speaking. In 99.999% of the cases you don't need to view any footage, so having a screen is just distracting or unnecessary at best. The one time that you need it you just pull the SD card or connect via phone. But in every case I want to have it out of view, and the F800 hides beautifully behind the mirror (the Blackvue 750 hides even better, I have it in my MB, but I went with the F800 for the S4).
Old 03-16-2018, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have:

https://www.blackvue.com/product/dr750s-2ch/

and

https://blendmount.com/dashcam-blackvue.html

for our GMC suv and am going to get one for the A4 at least the front cam.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

I have a Vicovation Opia2 and Powerplus all hardwired. Pretty simple install if you are familiar with the fusebox and feel comfortable routing cables through glovebox and around dash.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stanj
Problem is that it's huge, relatively speaking. In 99.999% of the cases you don't need to view any footage, so having a screen is just distracting or unnecessary at best. The one time that you need it you just pull the SD card or connect via phone. But in every case I want to have it out of view, and the F800 hides beautifully behind the mirror (the Blackvue 750 hides even better, I have it in my MB, but I went with the F800 for the S4).
Ya, i'm just starting out the search really. Will take a look at what you mentioned as well.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
Ya, i'm just starting out the search really. Will take a look at what you mentioned as well.
I actually ordered the OWL and then, the more research I did, the more I came to the conclusion to cancel my order. As others have said - too large...sits right on top of the dash to distracting...invites theft and twice more than a great quality Blackvue, Thinkware or Rexing. Also don't like the fact it cannot be hardwired and must occupy your OBD2 port in addition to not having other mounting options.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have the F770 dual camera and installed it by myself. The front camera was just for a hair bigger then I liked (hidden in view from right side of the rearview mirror and between the passenger side sunshade) but along the one year relationship I just got used to.
In the beginning it was a "hobby" researching the driving movies almost every day, but the last six or so months I didn't even look at those recordings....I am hoping that the cameras still doing the job....I shall check it more often that everything works correct, but as you can read along the line I realized that I would need it (the recordings) only for the case I got into a situation (what again we all hoping will never happen).
Have fun

Quick Reply: Dash Cams