Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 10:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS5 Check Engine Light

New to the forum and look forward to participating on here in the future. Just got my new 2018 RS5. Has under 700 miles. Check engine light came on this weekend and the dealership is treating it like they have no clue what is causing the problem. All they can figure out thus far is that it's not the fuel cap... Has anyone have any experience with this type of a problem and/or solution? Thanks in advance!
Old 04-09-2018, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

What's the DTC for the warning light?
Old 04-09-2018, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Must be low blinker fluid if it's that new...
Old 04-09-2018, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Well they'll have to read the codes to see what caused the light to come on. Without that it's anybody's guess. If they suspected the fuel cap than I assume the codes are indicating an issue with emissions control. Unfortunately the code won't be very specific. Could be a leak somewhere or a faulty sensor.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
Well they'll have to read the codes to see what caused the light to come on. Without that it's anybody's guess. If they suspected the fuel cap than I assume the codes are indicating an issue with emissions control. Unfortunately the code won't be very specific. Could be a leak somewhere or a faulty sensor.
You nailed it. The DTC code was P25B400. That is Greek to me, but service dept said that it was basically an emissions issue that they could not isolate. Although, the invoice says “turbo charger waste gate “A” stuck closed.” They cleared the error, tried to get it to happen again, and since it didn’t, I got the car back... Hopefully it doesn’t happen again. I will keep everyone updated if it happens again. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

For those who are interested or may experience the same problem... car is back at the dealership due to the same error code. It has been in service for 5 days and they cannot figure out how to cure the fault. I get that I need to have patience with a new version of this car, but I cannot help being frustrated about not having my new car and not getting an answer on how it can be resolved. I will update the post once the issue is taken care off... hopefully soon!
Old 04-27-2018, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

I know how frustrating this can be, but give them a chance to figure it out. I am sure by now your dealer has contacted Audi's tech line and started a case on it. Tech line will work with the techs at your dealer and hopefully get to the root cause of it soon.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MIAMIRS5
For those who are interested or may experience the same problem... car is back at the dealership due to the same error code. It has been in service for 5 days and they cannot figure out how to cure the fault. I get that I need to have patience with a new version of this car, but I cannot help being frustrated about not having my new car and not getting an answer on how it can be resolved. I will update the post once the issue is taken care off... hopefully soon!
I certainly understand the frustration. I have only 800 miles on my new RS5 and I think I would be beside myself if it had been in the shop twice already. I will be interested in hearing the results, good luck.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

I was a bit coy before, assuming it was a intermittent issue due to a glitch.

Now that it appears to be on the more serious side of things, pressure them to come to a conclusion, be a thorn in their side calling and going over details of their plan at a frequent interval. But! be kind and polite and make sure that the service people know that you are not upset with them, but rather the car/Audi. Most service departments tend to lean towards an us/them mentality with audi but I cant speak to your specific service guy.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the encouraging comments and suggestions. So far Audi has been responsive and is working towards a solution. Unfortunately, the issue involves a software glitch which requires development of a software update to cure the problem. The glitch apparently puts the car into a diagnostic mode when the driver does a certain sequence of events (i.e. not put the car in drive within 15 seconds of starting the car from a cold start).
Development of the software update will take a few weeks. For now, I got my car back, but with the caveat that the fault will likely re-occur. Yes, it is frustrating, but I must say that Audi has been responsive and is working with me to get the matter resolved. I will keep this post updated as things continue to develop.

Quick Reply: RS5 Check Engine Light