S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Just discovered that I could...

Old 04-10-2018, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Just discovered that I could...

Was curious if anyone else has discovered features of their car that maybe weren’t immediately obvious to them until weeks or months after they took delivery.. I continue to find little things here and there, but tonight I just discovered that I had footwell lighting, and how to adjust the brightness of them (since it seems to default to all the way down) as well as the brightness of the door panel and cup holder lights individually — never saw the little + appear to the right on the interior lighting brightness adjustment screen.

The following users liked this post:
agentphish (02-22-2021)
Old 04-10-2018, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

And you can change the color (32 choices) too!
Old 04-11-2018, 02:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
And you can change the color (32 choices) too!
Not with Premium+ I can’t.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Sorry about that.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

You can touch the outside door handle on the drivers door (once it is closed) even if the passenger door is still open. Once the passenger closes their door the car will lock the doors and give you the confirmation chirp.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by heisnuts
You can touch the outside door handle on the drivers door (once it is closed) even if the passenger door is still open. Once the passenger closes their door the car will lock the doors and give you the confirmation chirp.
Ahhh. And here I was waiting for the last person to close the door.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heisnuts
doesn't this also happen with the trunk.. in case you have it open then lock the doors.. once the truck closes you get the chirp?
Old 04-12-2018, 11:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by PGrefal
doesn't this also happen with the trunk.. in case you have it open then lock the doors.. once the truck closes you get the chirp?
Yes. I usually lock the doors, kick the trunk open, remove what I need, close the trunk and hear the reassuring chirp.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RickNY
Was curious if anyone else has discovered features of their car that maybe weren’t immediately obvious to them until weeks or months after they took delivery.. I continue to find little things here and there, but tonight I just discovered that I had footwell lighting, and how to adjust the brightness of them (since it seems to default to all the way down) as well as the brightness of the door panel and cup holder lights individually — never saw the little + appear to the right on the interior lighting brightness adjustment screen.

Thanks - I just found the individual settings... my foot well lights were set to zero. Can't wait for darkness tonight
Old 04-13-2018, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently found that when in classic view on the VC you can add an additional display inside the tach on the left side. So I can have tach with short term gas milage+meter inside along with map in the center and speedometer on the right. When navigating, turn-by-turn pops up inside speedometer. I'm gonna leave it like this for a while to see if I like it better than the sport mode.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just discovered that I could...