Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RS5 pricing

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS5 pricing

Hi Everyone. First post here. I'm looking at a specific RS5 configuration using the online build tool. I went to my local dealer and they found one about to arrive in the US that, to my understanding, is at a stage where it can be modified to include all of my options. This sounded great, but when it came time to talk pricing they were unwilling to budge from the sticker. So I'm now looking to see if anyone here has experience purchasing out of region. I have no issue working with any dealer in the US that is honest and willing to make a fair deal. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys!
Old 04-22-2018, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

You will have a hard time getting a discount at this point. The allocations are very limited at the moment. RS vehicles are generally limited production. If you are lucky, you might get a discount if you can leverage multiple offers against each other, but the RS5 just came out. Dealers got only 1 or 2. I just read Canada will only get a total of 200 allocations for this year. Not sure how many the USA gets, but for comparison, the USA only got around 2000 allocations per year for 2.5 model years for the previous RS5. If you want a discount, you'll have to be patient and wait a couple of years. Some dealers even sell them above sticker. RS cars are not mainstream. They only account for about 1% of model sales.

Last edited by superswiss; 04-22-2018 at 07:37 AM.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

+1 What superswiss said.

I paid MSRP for mine. It wasn't even an option to discuss any kind of discount. I even brought up my "loyalty" to Audi and that this is my 4th Audi. There's another RS5 related thread (RS 5 is Here) and a couple of other posters said the same about MSRP. It boils down to supply and demand really. Supply is low, and demand (or at least, interest) is relatively high. I can't imagine a dealer is going to discount a car to one buyer when they know it wouldn't be long before someone like me, and many others, really want the car now and are willing to pay MSRP.

Maaaaybe a dealer would be open to discussing including Audi Care? I planted the seed on that one, and will work on it, but I don't even know about that one. I'll let people know when the time comes to sign ... hopefully in the next 5-6 weeks!
Old 04-22-2018, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks guys. Your input is very helpful. The price itself is not that big of an issue. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being taken advantage of. I will likely finalize the deal on Monday. Here is what I'm looking at for config:

2018 RS 5 Coupe

Price as built: $83,675*Trim & Engine

2.9 TFSI®

Transmission & Drivetrain

Eight-speed Tiptronic® transmission

quattro® all-wheel drive

Exterior Color

Daytona Gray pearl

Interior Color

Fine Nappa leather seats with contrast honeycomb stitching Black with Rock Gray stitching in Fine Nappa leather package

Decorative Inlays

Carbon fiber inlays

Wheels

20" Audi Sport® 5-arm-trapezoid design High-gloss Black wheels

Packages

• Black optic package

• RS Driver assistance package

• Dynamic package

• Fine Nappa leather package

• Navigation package

Old 04-22-2018, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by jerrysiii
Thanks guys. Your input is very helpful. The price itself is not that big of an issue. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being taken advantage of. I will likely finalize the deal on Monday. Here is what I'm looking at for config:
No worries. Sticker on an RS5 right now is a good deal. Paying above sticker is a bad deal and getting a discount would be an exceptional and rare deal. That config is pretty much like the car I took out on a 200+ mile canyon loop a couple of weeks ago.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My dealer gave me $1K finance rebate however the interest rate is almost 7%. Luckily for me, they way overpaid for my trade in so I only ended up financing $13K. It was also the end of Audi's first quarter and my dealer must have been getting some back end money.

With that being said, you may want to wait to the end of June (2nd quarter) and see if any dealers are willing to budge on their number.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Very sharp car! I'm sure the the 200 mile drive was awesome.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I’m one of the “lucky” 200 Canadian’s who will get this vehicle. I ordered mine fully spec’d out back in October. Paid MRSP. Not a penny more or a penny less.

As others have said, RS models are limited/rarer and my dealer was unwilling to discount.

Mine starts production this week...hoping to get her late May/early June!

Cheers
Old 04-22-2018, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 589 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by jerrysiii
Hi Everyone. First post here. I'm looking at a specific RS5 configuration using the online build tool. I went to my local dealer and they found one about to arrive in the US that, to my understanding, is at a stage where it can be modified to include all of my options. This sounded great, but when it came time to talk pricing they were unwilling to budge from the sticker. So I'm now looking to see if anyone here has experience purchasing out of region. I have no issue working with any dealer in the US that is honest and willing to make a fair deal. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys!
If you want a car specced a certain way you need to custom order it. There are a few options added when the car arrives at it's destination but those are just cosmetic things.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll be paying MSRP for mine as well, ordered placed October 22nd, 2017. My trade value is still to be discussed once we have a more firm delivery date. It's now scheduled for week 22 (late May), delivery late July. As mentioned, no one is likely to get any discount, but hopefully a good trade price. Audi Care is being included.

Quick Reply: RS5 pricing