Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Cleaning dashboard question

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 09:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Cleaning dashboard question

I noticed my dashboard collects a lot of dust and lint, and simply wiping is not helping much, could be static, or other reasons, it just doesn't look as nice as it used to, and I only have about 4k miles.
While I am not a fan of armor all type of glossy products, I am searching for suggestions on how to clean it best and keep it looking uniform. Any suggestions? The dashboard's surface feels tackier than rest of the interior, so I am hesitant to use a random cleaner or "interior" cleaner type of products.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I use Einszett Cockpit Premium on my vehicles with a microfiber towel. It works well.

Amazon Amazon
Old 05-19-2018, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Audi's Cockpit Cleaner seems to work pretty well:

Audi Cockpit Cleaner Audi Cockpit Cleaner
Old 05-19-2018, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
I noticed my dashboard collects a lot of dust and lint, and simply wiping is not helping much, could be static, or other reasons, it just doesn't look as nice as it used to, and I only have about 4k miles.
While I am not a fan of armor all type of glossy products, I am searching for suggestions on how to clean it best and keep it looking uniform. Any suggestions? The dashboard's surface feels tackier than rest of the interior, so I am hesitant to use a random cleaner or "interior" cleaner type of products.
I use CarPro Perl dilute it 5:1 in a spray bottle and do the whole interior (except leather) with a microfibre towel. Looks great.

The great thing about CarPro Perl is that I use is as is on the tires and it leaves a satin look on the tire.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I’ve used both einszette and Audi’s cockpit cleaner. Both are excellent, with anti static properties. I like Audi’s a little better, as it ‘evaporates’ to a nice streak free matte finish with very little effort. Pricy, but lasts a long time.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Thank you for the suggestions.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live near a WeatherTech factory so when I went to pick up the cargo mat for the Q7, I also picked up a leather conditioner and interior detailer spray.

https://www.weathertech.com/techcare/

Seems to be working and protecting well enough. We don't see as much dust because it's garage-parked but maybe that changes when the weather gets a bit warmer.

Otherwise, on our other cars, I bought those Meguiar's canisters of wipes for leather and another for the plastic/console material and those worked well too.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Goat hair brush or microfiber towel.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Take a microfiber cloth, and dampen one end. Use damp end to gently wipe away dust, use the other dry end right away to gently dry. I do this for all my cars and the materials remain nice and clean
Old 05-20-2018, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Just a thought, if the dashboard material does actually have a static issue and it is indeed collecting more dust due to that, would running a dryer sheet across it help??

Quick Reply: Cleaning dashboard question