Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Help - Firefox Issue

Old 05-19-2018, 11:39 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 282 Likes on 202 Posts
Default Help - Firefox Issue

Can't find a help forum or thread anywhere, so tossing this here. Don't see any means to contact an admin either.

Any users having issues with Firefox? For the last 3 days I have not been able to reply to a thread or start a new thread via Firefox. The text boxes don't exist - nowhere to place cursor.

I'm typing this in MS Edge, which works, so must be a Firefox issue.

I have the latest version of Firefox, have tried logging out/in, restart, deleted cache and cookies - no go.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any plugins running on Firefox? I would try uninstalling FF first, then go to "REGEDIT" and blow away the FF folder before reinstalling.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by GlacierS5
Any plugins running on Firefox? I would try uninstalling FF first, then go to "REGEDIT" and blow away the FF folder before reinstalling.
Thanks. What's odd is I am having no issues at Corvette Forum, which is also Internet Brands, using Firefox.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something screwy is happening to me too. I am using Safari on a Mac but I use an ad blocker, uBlock origin. I disabled it on this site because it would prevent images from users from loading, but yesterday, uBlock was enabled on the site. I disabled it on the forum, but then uBlock was disabled everywhere else, too.

I just had to do it again to reply to this thread, and disabling it on here also disabled it on ESPN.com.

That's weird. I don't think it's a forum thing. If you are using uBlock on any OS or browser, disable it on this site and see if it disables it browser-wide or site-wide. It was always the latter for me before. Now it's the former.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by smacky
Something screwy is happening to me too. I am using Safari on a Mac but I use an ad blocker, uBlock origin. I disabled it on this site because it would prevent images from users from loading, but yesterday, uBlock was enabled on the site. I disabled it on the forum, but then uBlock was disabled everywhere else, too.

I just had to do it again to reply to this thread, and disabling it on here also disabled it on ESPN.com.

That's weird. I don't think it's a forum thing. If you are using uBlock on any OS or browser, disable it on this site and see if it disables it browser-wide or site-wide. It was always the latter for me before. Now it's the former.
I shut FF AdBlock off, still can't post.
Old 05-19-2018, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Force-1
I shut FF AdBlock off, still can't post.
Had many issues with FF so I jumped to Chrome and haven't gone back.

I just checked with my FF and have issue with the latest FF on a MAC and posting on this site as well. Will try from a Linux VM with FF and see if I get the same.

BTW, latest FF with no plugins on OS X 10.11.16. :-(
Old 05-20-2018, 06:34 AM

Hmmmmm.....posting this in Firefox. Somehow corrected itself overnight.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Today, it worked fine. Seems like uBlock saved my settings from yesterday for this site. I have it blocking ads but it is allowing AudiWorld.com to make connect completely. So it's not blocking anything from this site's domain.

I think that was the issue since the reply box is now showing up.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I had to disable the built-in adblock on my Opera to get the text box back. The ads on this site are not so bad, so it's fine to disable it per-site basis.
As for browser wars, it seems like there is no one great browser out there anymore, but I suggest you guys give Opera a try, it's pretty smooth and I never have the ram or CPU issues I used to have with Chrome (it seemed like chrome would never completely close) and Whats App and FB messenger (i only use Whatsapp) is intergrated into Opera, I wish I could get my text messages too.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Hmm Quick Reply is broken for me but quote and reply seems to work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help - Firefox Issue