Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Car pulling to right?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 09:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car pulling to right?

Two weeks in with my SQ5...feels like my car is pulling slightly to the right (need to make leftward adjustment with my steering wheel). This is more noticeable at highway speeds which was why I didn’t pick it up on delivery test drive. Has anyone else had to deal with this?
Old 05-19-2018, 10:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 389 Likes on 276 Posts

Not likely, but just a thought: if you have Active Lane Assist, make sure it isn't trying to correct your lane position and pull you to the right (if you tend to drive to left of center in the lane).
Old 05-20-2018, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yes I noticed this on my Q5 Prestige. I noticed it when I try to make the Audi rings on the steering wheel perfectly straight the car would pull to the right The steering wheel is off like 1 deg from being flat. They realigned the car, its much better but the wheel is still slightly off. I have noticed it on both loaners as well that I have had the wheels are slightly off.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This was mentioned in a few topics. I cannot find the thread where someone bring it to a shop where he had a certain brand that didnhe alignment to fix it. But I did find this thread see below: hope this helps. Will be getting my sq5 in Jul fingers crossed that this does not happen.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mkii-discussion-218/issue-new-sq5-3days-2935851/

Old 05-20-2018, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by porsche981
Two weeks in with my SQ5...feels like my car is pulling slightly to the right (need to make leftward adjustment with my steering wheel). This is more noticeable at highway speeds which was why I didn’t pick it up on delivery test drive. Has anyone else had to deal with this?
I had this issue and it was very noticable when using the lane assist as the car tried to correct itself from the bad alignment from the factory transportation process. my dealership did a complementary first time alignment and the issue was fixed dramatically.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both of my SQ5's need an alginment within the first 1000miles. Have your dealer throw it on the hunter machine and check the factory alignment, it's probably off.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alex_houston
Yes I noticed this on my Q5 Prestige. I noticed it when I try to make the Audi rings on the steering wheel perfectly straight the car would pull to the right The steering wheel is off like 1 deg from being flat. They realigned the car, its much better but the wheel is still slightly off. I have noticed it on both loaners as well that I have had the wheels are slightly off.
I'm having the same issue with my Prestige Q5. I notice you are in Houston. Which dealer and did they charge for the alignment?
Old 05-22-2018, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

If you have active lane assist, I’ve found it tends to keep me on the right side of the lane... in case you have it and also have it on
Old 05-22-2018, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For owners that are having this issue. Do you all have active lane assist?
Old 05-22-2018, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dgeffs
I'm having the same issue with my Prestige Q5. I notice you are in Houston. Which dealer and did they charge for the alignment?
If you can go to one of the Sewell Audi dealers there (Sugarland and North Houston). I bought my car at the NH one and honeslty they set the bar for all car dealers. The service manager there is very professional and knows his stuff. They should not change for an alignment given how new the car is.

Quick Reply: Car pulling to right?