Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

DTUK, worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default DTUK, worth it?

Hey guys,
So I know DTUK won't be detected by dealer if I deactivate it before sending the car in. I am more curious about:

1. The increase in power. Can you really feel the difference? Is the turbo/transmission lag be somewhat mitigated?
2. The impact on fuel economy. Increased? Decreased?
3. Reliability of the powertrain? Is the increase on load safe for stock over long-term?

Struggling with whether I should get DTUK with all the pros/cons.

Thanks!
Old 05-29-2018, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Worth it IMHO

So I currently have the dtuk chip. Here's what I think of it so far;

Power is definitely there. Especially with the usdm tune, it delivers the power very evenly (linear)

Aaron from DTE ; the US distributor for the DTUK chip is very knowledgeable and helpful in getting the perfect settings for your car.

Only thing is if I turn up the + settings to anything beyond 1, I get a CEL.
However, after speaking with Aaron, it is not recommended to put the chip on the + settings unless your car is modified to handle the additional power.

I'm currently running it on 3/0 and 3/1 settings and I've got to say the car is very fast. It even looses traction at launch or from a stop. Pretty cool in my opinion.

I'm on the fence about ordering the throttle controller from them, just don't know how much of a difference it makes.

I for one could definitely vouch for the product as far as it does what you would want a chip to do; provide exceptional power and torque increase.

I tested my 0-60 time with the built in lap timer and was able to achieve 3.9-4.0 seconds with the chip. Incredible, in my opinion.

Also, getting the unit from Aaron @ DTE comes with great customer service and support with any questions or concerns you may have.

As for fuel economy, to tell you the truth, I wouldn't know. Since Ive gotten this usdm tune from Aaron, I haven't been to light on the pedal. I'm not saying I'm driving like a maniac, but definitely using the torque on the car much more often than a normal person would haha.

Just my two cents...
Old 05-30-2018, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

JB4 is going to be better supported and has much finer adjustments, should be released soon since its available to testers now.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:56 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ArvX147
JB4 is going to be better supported and has much finer adjustments, should be released soon since its available to testers now.
i am the official distributor of DTE Systems in the US. I am located in Hermosa Beach, CA. We have rebranded DTUK here in the States. Can you please clarify the “better supported” statement?
Old 05-30-2018, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaron@DTE

i am the official distributor of DTE Systems in the US. I am located in Hermosa Beach, CA. We have rebranded DTUK here in the States. Can you please clarify the “better supported” statement?
Burger tuning is a much more well known company, JB4 tuning unit provides logging to a PC or phone, full tuning setting support and boost level support down to the tenth of PSI boost adjustment at each RPM level, and the experienced tuners will help you utilize all of that extra adjust ability to achieve the maximum power.

The DTUK unit is certainly not up to that standard as a product (based on your product page) and costs $749 versus $430 for the JB4 (comparing a5 prices, the S5 is even worse since its still 450, but yours is 950).

But really, you should probably understand your own market before you start challenging users on a forum to prove to you why YOUR OWN product is overpriced and inferior.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ArvX147
Burger tuning is a much more well known company, JB4 tuning unit provides logging to a PC or phone, full tuning setting support and boost level support down to the tenth of PSI boost adjustment at each RPM level, and the experienced tuners will help you utilize all of that extra adjust ability to achieve the maximum power.

The DTUK unit is certainly not up to that standard as a product (based on your product page) and costs $749 versus $430 for the JB4 (comparing a5 prices, the S5 is even worse since its still 450, but yours is 950).

But really, you should probably understand your own market before you start challenging users on a forum to prove to you why YOUR OWN product is overpriced and inferior.

i am am sorry if you misunderstood my question. I’m certain I provide very good support for my current and prospective customers. I also know that BMS has not released a module for the S4 yet and any pricing speculation based on their existing product line would be premature since this platform will be their first SENT capable unit. Simply applying the pricing for the analog only product line would most likely not be a direct comparison. When you compare the like units outright including the Bluetooth module, the difference is minor.

The SENT DTE module comes complete with Bluetooth capability standard and the app is included at no extra charge. If you asked who’s app is better, I’d say based on their other platforms, BMS wins that outright. However, I’d put our hardware up against any on the market. Also, do you know where BMS has their tuning center? I was wondering if you knew which model Dyno they tune with?

i don’t want this to become a combative post. I believe the OP was asking whether the DTE performs as advertised. Which it does. I feel I am pretty aware of the my market. I hope I can be of service in any way possible.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:05 AM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i am am sorry if you misunderstood my question. I’m certain I provide very good support for my current and prospective customers. I also know that BMS has not released a module for the S4 yet and any pricing speculation based on their existing product line would be premature since this platform will be their first SENT capable unit. Simply applying the pricing for the analog only product line would most likely not be a direct comparison. When you compare the like units outright including the Bluetooth module, the difference is minor.

The SENT DTE module comes complete with Bluetooth capability standard and the app is included at no extra charge. If you asked who’s app is better, I’d say based on their other platforms, BMS wins that outright. However, I’d put our hardware up against any on the market. Also, do you know where BMS has their tuning center? I was wondering if you knew which model Dyno they tune with?

i don’t want this to become a combative post. I believe the OP was asking whether the DTE performs as advertised. Which it does. I feel I am pretty aware of the my market. I hope I can be of service in any way possible.

Maybe you don't.
Here is our address and a pic of our S4 soon to be RS5 parked in front of our facility.

Burger Motorsports, Inc.
2235 First St,
Simi Valley, California 93065 USA

When people mention better supported I think they mean larger reach in the market in terms of innovation and progress for the platform. With the S4 for example we have already tuned cars that have hybrid turbo's which allow for a greater in depth look at what is needed with a tuning device and what its limitations will be rather than having a generic conservative unit that does boost control and adapting it to anything with wheels.

Last edited by George@BMS; 05-31-2018 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:10 AM
Banned

I’m sorry George. Has your S4 module been released for purchase yet? What is the cost? Is your dyno at that facility?
Old 05-31-2018, 10:15 AM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I’m sorry George. Has your S4 module been released for purchase yet? What is the cost? Is your dyno at that facility?
The dyno is not at our facility and its the last thing we use. We rather create a tune with road test conditions which is where the car spends its life. To date with 40 beta testers we have received over 1000 street logs with various octane and conditions fine tuning the operation of the unit. A good example of how a dyno can go wrong is that it wont give you a idea of how shift characteristics change when plowing on the power to reach big number or the car will behave differently with 5 people up a steep hill.
It should be released soon and we will turn our attention to the RS5 motor next.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:30 AM
Banned

I think there is a misconception about how we tune. We lay out the framework for our tune on the dyno where we can safely take the car through the RPM range and get a baseline for where to go from there. We then make fine adjustments based on a great deal of road tuning. We created a US tune based on the fuel quality here and individual qualities of the US cars. We have hundreds of satisfied customers on this platform around the globe. Many of them have shared their positive experiences here on this forum and others like it.

My point about the BMS S4 module not being released yet is that there is no price point available for comparision unless you'd like to share that with us now. I am sure the BMS S4 offering will create a quality, safe driving experience just as the DTE has.

Quick Reply: DTUK, worth it?