A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Passenger Electric Seat Not Working - need diagram

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Electric Seat Not Working - need diagram

Hi,

Our 2008 A4 Convertible Quattro passenger seat does not move forward/back. Pulled the motor out and tested it. The motor works fine. I had to run separate wiring from the battery to it (once replaced) to move the seat far enough forward to remove the rear bolts.

I would think it is the main switch on the seat or relay block. I hear a relay click in one direction but not the other. It has the rear seat assist button on the top of the seat, maybe it is the connection of this to the switch seat?

I was hoping someone might have scans of the electrical diagrams showing the seat and I could try some tests before trying buying the seat button module or relay box.

All other seat functions work well. Just forward/reverse doesn't work.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Greentown
Hi,

Our 2008 A4 Convertible Quattro passenger seat does not move forward/back. Pulled the motor out and tested it. The motor works fine. I had to run separate wiring from the battery to it (once replaced) to move the seat far enough forward to remove the rear bolts.

I would think it is the main switch on the seat or relay block. I hear a relay click in one direction but not the other. It has the rear seat assist button on the top of the seat, maybe it is the connection of this to the switch seat?

I was hoping someone might have scans of the electrical diagrams showing the seat and I could try some tests before trying buying the seat button module or relay box.

All other seat functions work well. Just forward/reverse doesn't work.

Update

I was able to jumper the fwd/back motor and get the passenger seat out. While i'm waiting for my Bentley book to get the electrical schematic, I checked the switch with a meter and all contacts seem to work (took some doing like a game). I still ordered a new switch.

I am now thinking it is the control module under the seat. I will try a used one first. $70 vs $340 is worth the try. My wife is really to want to drive the car but I don't want to pull the seat in and out several times.

It would seem the switch on the top of the seat back could be an issue too. I will look at it after the control module if that does not fix it.

2008 A4 Convertible Quattro - 107K miles
Old 06-23-2018, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Here is a picture of the seat position board I swapped the one from the drivers side and the buttons on the seat bottom all work now The fwd/back now works However the switch on the top of the seat does not work Do I have to take the seat in for programming now?
Seat position board
Old 06-30-2018, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Udate

After resetting the airbag light, which also affected the passenger seat belt light (never went off when sitting in it) the seat switches at the top started working as did the passenger air bag light. All issues solved.