Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Feynlab heal plus

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feynlab heal plus

i know this isn’t the detail form, but no one seems to mention this ceramic coating. It is hard with fluid like properties that self heals minor scuff in the paint. Pretty neat shtuff. This application must be paint corrected and applied by certified detailed... but does have a 7 year warranty.. what the warranty entails, not for sure. I have seen prices from 1500-2600 for the application. Pretty pricey.

search out Feynlab on YouTube.. of course all the best is put out there.. but great results.

thoughts..
Old 06-18-2018, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

For my money I think I'd rather get my car paint corrected and then wrap the whole thing in XPel or similar. The XPel films also self heals and provides way better protection from paint chips from road debris. You can even apply a cheaper ceramic coating on top of the XPel to add the high gloss looks and easy to wash attributes and still come in under that stuff I think.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by heymoe
For my money I think I'd rather get my car paint corrected and then wrap the whole thing in XPel or similar. The XPel films also self heals and provides way better protection from paint chips from road debris. You can even apply a cheaper ceramic coating on top of the XPel to add the high gloss looks and easy to wash attributes and still come in under that stuff I think.
To Xpel the whole car it's about $6,500, my front bumper, hood, and fenders were close to $2,000 alone. Not necessarily onboard with the coating though. I wish I could Xpel the whole car but at about 10% of the cars price (S5 fully loaded in Nardo) it's steep.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by SD Nardo
To Xpel the whole car it's about $6,500, my front bumper, hood, and fenders were close to $2,000 alone. Not necessarily onboard with the coating though. I wish I could Xpel the whole car but at about 10% of the cars price (S5 fully loaded in Nardo) it's steep.
Ahh.. my bad, I thought I read about people getting full XPel for under $1000. Maybe that was just for a partial front only or something. I haven't actually called to price it out since I still have several months before I need to even think about that so good to know. Thanks!
Old 06-19-2018, 02:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appreciate the comments. I’m interested in all of it, but at the same time I am pretty cheap.. lol. I did get a quote for the heal+ at 2500. I have had great success in all my years of driving keeping my cars outstanding looking, however, I have never had a black car before and swirls do drive me crazy.

I do do like the chip protection of the film and like the removability of it (just in case).. unsure about ceramic removals.. need to do some more research on longevity and removal if ever have to.

would love to hear stories/experiences over 2-3+ years old on the protection films and ceramics..

thanks
Old 06-19-2018, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

XPEL is a great option if you keep your car for a long time but for someone like me that normally only keeps the car for 2-4 years it doesn't have enough payback to warrant it. I just corrected the paint and put on CQUARTZ myself. I did the entire car with half a bottle for about $30. It won't protect the paint from dings but it will keep the paint looking good for a long while.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:16 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

I Started having Simoniz “GlassPlus” applied to both of our Acura’s 3 years ago. Both cars are garage kept and I’m pretty good about keeping them clean but not fanatical — and they both look showroom fresh. They both have paint chips as they do not have any Paint Protection Films on them - but the paint on both cars is still deep and shiny.

I just had a ceramic coating put on the S5 yesterday - a product called “Jade Ice” that my detailer has had great success with. The detailer was extremely impressed by the quality of the finish on the S5 - very minor correction work was required - and I should be getting the car back today.

I’m a very strong believer in the Ceramic coatings offered today.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:19 AM
HA / KC / EЯ

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

I also paint corrected and applied CQuartz 3.0 myself. (2 coats CQuartz 3.0, 2 coats Gliss on top)
Old 06-19-2018, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

The only car I would ever full XPEL is an RS model. S cars are common, and as others have said its cheaper to just paint correct.

How can anyone rationalize a protective measure that costs 10%+ of the car's value???!!!! I mean, it certainly wont preserve value even close to that by keeping the car "pristine". Almost nobody notices the difference between a 95% car and a 99% car after both have been professionally detailed.

Last edited by ArvX147; 06-19-2018 at 04:48 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

I have never understood the prices for these coatings. I mean I do get it, it's materials plus labor and it is very labor-intensive to apply these products properly, but what I don't understand is the value proposition.

Serious question: what happens when some idiot at the grocery store clips you and goes through the paint and you need to get a panel re-sprayed + paint blended into the two panels next to it + clearcoating them? Is insurance going to cover that *plus* re-ceramic-coating half your car? For that kind of money, couldn't you just pay a mobile detailer to come out and wash + hand-wax your car in your own driveway every 3-6 months and then when someone clips you you don't have this risk? My detailer charges probably around $200 tops for that sort of service on a car this small, so it would be years before you'd even break even if you paid $1600 for a coating.

I mean if you aren't dailying the thing and it's a very special car like an RS5 in a custom color I get it, but I've got 15,000 miles on my B9 S4 in the first year and have already had to have three door dings repaired.

Quick Reply: Feynlab heal plus