Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

It’s the little things...

Old 07-16-2018, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts
Default It’s the little things...

What are some of the little things about your B9 that you love? I’m talking about the fine little details that just make your car special?

One thing for me is when the tiptronic shifter is in manual and you press P, it moves itself back to center.

Very cool.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 87 Likes on 54 Posts

I like the seat bolsters when you turn the car on and the parking brake setting itself when you turn the car off.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Coming from a BMW 428i, there are many things about the Audi I prefer. The tech is generally more intuitive to me.

But, the first thing I thought of is the "one push" of the stop/start button to turn off. This was 2 pushes in the BMW - one to turn off the engine and one to turn off the ignition. Of course, I'm not fussed about pushing twice - it's just the number of times I restarted the BMW without meaning to. The Audi system just works better.

Honestly, though, I wish they'd use a rotating **** shaped like a key instead of a button. Keep the key-free access, but turn on and start by turning a **** to the right and switch off by turning to the left. That would be far more intuitive for oldies like me. BTW, I understand this is the way Porshe do it.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

The red line moving in the virtual cockpit as it warms up.
That I can just hit the stop button and it switches into P so only one thing to press.
The way it pulls the seatbelt tight when you first drive away.
Matrix LED headlights, a revelation!
Basically, everything :-)
Old 07-17-2018, 02:48 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,141 Likes on 1,377 Posts

The “Shoulder / Seat Belt Presenter” in the Coupe — not having to reach waaay back to find the shoulder harness when buckling in, that’s a classy touch.

To be honest, the first few time I got in, I couldn’t figure out what that “sound” was. Then my wife got in the passenger seat and I saw the passenger side shoulder harness / seat belt presented to her. Very clever.
The following users liked this post:
Tundraman (10-21-2021)
Old 07-17-2018, 02:51 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,141 Likes on 1,377 Posts

The ability to change the display in the virtual cockpit. Having come from all analog gauges to the Audi VC - and having the ability to modify how I view the dashboard and data displayed was a very welcome change.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by paradyne
Matrix LED headlights
Yes, the matrix headlights are excellent. I had them in the BMW, but the Audi implementation is better. I find it hard to believe this brilliant technology in unavailable in USA. It's so much better and safer to still have some part of the headlights on high beam when cars are coming in the opposite direction than to be plummeted into the relative darkness of low beam.

This is one piece of technology that I will not do without in future. It does make it so much harder to drive my wife's car or our old farm ute (pickup) at night, though.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

The driving dynamics.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

But, this thread is about "little things". Audi excels at this. Any tray on the console or elsewhere has a soft rubber mat at it's base. BMW tends not to bother.

Take the cubby hole under the light switch - quite nicely finished. Try the same thing in a 5 series BMW - absolutely and unbelievably plasticky in the extreme. It's only a tiny thing in the overall assessment of a car, but it made me hesitate instead of buying the 5 series. A re-evaluation of the available options saw me change to the S5 and I'm very happy with that. Of course the decision was based on more substantive factors, but that cheap, rubbishy cubby in the BMW at least made me question whether that car was the best I could find for my purposes. It certainly signalled that the car-maker's priorities were not totally in line with mine.

Audi details are consistently better IMHO and I like that.
The following users liked this post:
CraigR (05-03-2021)
Old 07-17-2018, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

The ability to lock the doors by tapping the outside door handle even if the passenger door is still open. Once all the doors are closed the doors will lock and the confirmation chirp will sound.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: It’s the little things...