Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

I think I’m going to be sick...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts
Default I think I’m going to be sick...

sigh, someone side swiped my while I was parked on the street. I came out to see this:

No note, no witnesses. What a spineless low life.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

That absolutely sucks. Tough to tell from the picture, but looks like the door has a scratch too?

Just thinking about it is almost pushing me to install a dash cam.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

That's ****ed up. That is my worst nightmare (concerning my car). People tend not to leave notes when they damage an expensive car for some reasons. Maybe they know it's expensive to fix and didn't want to pay or get their insurance involved. If it's a beater the person might just "forget about it" so they tend to leave notes more often.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Yea, thats bird crap on th door. Unfortunately due to the fender damage the door won’t open though. Wheel is banged up too.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:44 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by SolventSolution
sigh, someone side swiped my while I was parked on the street. I came out to see this:

No note, no witnesses. What a spineless low life.
WOW — That is a real kick in the nutz! Really sorry you had to find that on your new car. Things like this are really making me consider that OWL camera that’s been posted in a few other threads. While it wouldn’t prevent some a$$hole from a hit and run, at least you’d be able to track them down and seek restitution.

Good Luck with your repair and keep us posted.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts

People these days can't drive and are just horrible human beings.
​​​​​​Good thing it's not too bad, but definitely sickening none the less.
Keep us updated on the bodywork. Also, try and get a dash cam that you can activate when parked.
I have the BlackVue DRs900 2CH and it works beautifully.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ugh that is disappointing and incredibly frustrating. I mean, inanimate object = something a driver needs to avoid. How is that so hard to comprehend? Seriously bad drivers need to be denied the right to drive or severely penalized to the point that they are completely deterred from the act altogether.

I had the same thing happen to me in a Safeway parking lot. Walking back to my car, I see an old gentlemen in a Lexus that tried to nose dive into a parking spot but hit the exact same spot on my car. He then tried to drive away as I approached. Luckily, I caught him, stood in front of his car and got contacts from some very willing witnesses. Ended up getting paid out by the older guy but still spent $1,800 for very minor damage. Car was in the shop for a week.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by freesole
I had the same thing happen to me in a Safeway parking lot. Walking back to my car, I see an old gentlemen in a Lexus that tried to nose dive into a parking spot but hit the exact same spot on my car. He then tried to drive away as I approached. Luckily, I caught him, stood in front of his car and got contacts from some very willing witnesses. Ended up getting paid out by the older guy but still spent $1,800 for very minor damage. Car was in the shop for a week.
I saw this old lady putting stuff from her shopping cart into her car. Meanwhile that shopping cart is scratching the paint of the car next to her. Just because you are old doesn't mean you get a pass.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:58 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,378 Posts

In that same vein — people who are too lazy to return a shopping cart to the cart garages. Just leave them in the parking lot where they get blown into another parked car! Really — is it THAT hard to walk 10 ~ 30 feet to clear the parking lot??

Sorry to hijack, but Luder’s post put that in my mind!
Old 07-23-2018, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by freesole
Ugh that is disappointing and incredibly frustrating. I mean, inanimate object = something a driver needs to avoid. How is that so hard to comprehend?
My money is on the driver with their face buried in the phone.

Quick Reply: I think I’m going to be sick...