S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Installed the ECS Tuning Kohlefaser Luft-Technik intake!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Installed the ECS Tuning Kohlefaser Luft-Technik intake!

So I finally ordered the Kohlefaser intake from ECS Tuning and installed it last night. And my god I love it already. The turbo spool is intoxicating and the blow off hiss makes my insides tingle. Visually it is a really nice looking piece and flows well with the engine bay. Installation wasn't super difficult, just make sure you read the instruction PDF they have on the website and would recommend watching the install video they have on YouTube as well. Just a bit tedious installing the screws and grommets on the heat shield and the carbon fiber lid. Took me about an hour or so to take off the OEM intake box and install the ECS one. One annoying part is installing the rubber lining on the heat shield as it has some black glue type substance inside of it (that I wasn't aware of) and that sh*t is annoying to get off your hands lol. So far I really like it, fairly straight forward install, looks great and sounds awesome. Will keep you guys updated on any gains or performance differences, I attached some pictures of the stock air box and the new ECS intake for comparison.

Stock Air intake

ECS Kohlefaser Luft-Technik intake
Old 10-16-2018, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! Super clean !
Old 10-16-2018, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Also installed mine recently. Very noticable turbo spool sound. When driving aggressively on and off throttle, you can hear the blow off and turbo surging noise. Sounds very good when windows are down.

Mine is the cheaper open version. The shield/rubber should help keeping it cool but obviously not as good as OP. However mine also has the ECS air scoops installed, that should increase air flow a little bit.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HCGxKaLiBeR
Also installed mine recently. Very noticable turbo spool sound. When driving aggressively on and off throttle, you can hear the blow off and turbo surging noise. Sounds very good when windows are down.

Mine is the cheaper open version. The shield/rubber should help keeping it cool but obviously not as good as OP. However mine also has the ECS air scoops installed, that should increase air flow a little bit.

Looks nice man, I was debating on getting the ECS Air Scoop. I wasn't sure if it would do anything but seeing in person how the stock "scoop" is, I may get the ECS one next
Old 10-17-2018, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Sound clip vid please!

Sidenote, I googled to see if anyone else had vids of this intake and noticed ECS Tuning did make a video of the A4 version of it in action...but then promptly overlaid bad electronic music on top of it so you can't fully hear what it sounds like. So, uh...notice to all marketing professionals on this forum: please be informed that I am 0% interested in buying an aftermarket part that makes my $60,000+ car sound like dubstep when I accelerate.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mplsbrian
Sound clip vid please!

Sidenote, I googled to see if anyone else had vids of this intake and noticed ECS Tuning did make a video of the A4 version of it in action...but then promptly overlaid bad electronic music on top of it so you can't fully hear what it sounds like. So, uh...notice to all marketing professionals on this forum: please be informed that I am 0% interested in buying an aftermarket part that makes my $60,000+ car sound like dubstep when I accelerate.
How dare you!

Old 10-17-2018, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Meme Yo Girl
Looks nice man, I was debating on getting the ECS Air Scoop. I wasn't sure if it would do anything but seeing in person how the stock "scoop" is, I may get the ECS one next
It is just a longer scoop. It looks good, but most of is hidden in the engine bay covered by the hood release plastic...

Old 10-17-2018, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mplsbrian
Sound clip vid please!

Not my video, but ECS's intake sounds exactly like this. A lot louder in person. He has the windows up too, so the sounds are muffled.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HCGxKaLiBeR
Not my video, but ECS's intake sounds exactly like this. A lot louder in person. He has the windows up too, so the sounds are muffled.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HjnSS2cxhw
Yeah thats pretty on point on how it is. Definitely louder spooling noise and blow off sound. I tried taking a snapchat the other night with the windows up but sunroof open but its kinda hard to hear over my exhaust lol. You can kinda hear the spool and blow off but it sounds wayy louder and better in person, Ill try to take some more this week. I like the carbon lid because i wanted a little more protection from the heat, plus it looks nice lol
Attached Files
File Type: mov
intake.mov (72.8 KB, 113 views)
Old 10-19-2018, 07:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Can you buy the Carbon fiber cover separate?

I might buy the non cover version and then upgrade later.

Quick Reply: Installed the ECS Tuning Kohlefaser Luft-Technik intake!