Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Graphic View?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Graphic View?

Contemplating for about the dozenth time the graphic view of my car when it pops up reversing, I've come to wonder why it is even there as a selection. It's an overhead pictorial representation of the car, disconnected from anything else. It tells you nothing, gives you no information, is no help in maneuvering the car. I know what my car looks like from the top, with no need for a graphic reminder. Looking at it in the users manual would be just as helpful. Why is it even there? WTH Audi?
Old 10-16-2018, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Top down camera view has been quite useful for me in my current car (not an Audi). It tells you if there is an obstacle on the side that might not be visible otherwise, you can also see front and back at the same time.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I think in certain cases the graphic view could be more useful than the camera view. Particularly if you have bad eyesight or over certain backdrops.

I find the camera to be more useful 99% of the time though.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Agree the top CAMERA view is very useful - I wish that was what was displayed all the time. The GRAPHIC view, however, shows nothing but the top view of your car on a black background. No surrounding obstacles, no curbs, no passing pedestrians, no relative motion - just a picture of your car (actually, probably not even your car but an artist's rendering).
Old 10-16-2018, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc H
Agree the top CAMERA view is very useful - I wish that was what was displayed all the time. The GRAPHIC view, however, shows nothing but the top view of your car on a black background. No surrounding obstacles, no curbs, no passing pedestrians, no relative motion - just a picture of your car (actually, probably not even your car but an artist's rendering).
In that case I agree, when you have top view camera it is annoying to start with just sensor view. I wonder if that can be changed with OBDEleven
Old 10-16-2018, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have mine set up to show the bumper sensors with the top view camera. I changed it in the coding with VCDS.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Are you saying that when you go in Reverse, your 360 cameras dont display on the screen, and only the graphic view?
Old 10-17-2018, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Are you saying that when you go in Reverse, your 360 cameras dont display on the screen, and only the graphic view?
Yes, that is correct about 25% of the time. Along with I believe just about every other 2018 Q7 owner, at least according to this forum.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, that is correct about 25% of the time. Along with I believe just about every other 2018 Q7 owner, at least according to this forum.
Same.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

So do you have to hit the button on the dash to turn on/off again, or do you go in drive and then reverse again to get the camera view? Very frustrating....

Quick Reply: Graphic View?