Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Hopping back in to Audi with a RS5 SB

Old 10-17-2018, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Hopping back in to Audi with a RS5 SB

I'm excited to get back in to an Audi. I had a 2013 S6 that i had tuned and sold last year. I am going to go in to order one in a couple of days so am figuring out my build. Below is what i'm thinking and would love some input. Since i wouldn't get the car until January or February I'll also be searching for some wheels for some Hakka R2's for my midwest winters.

Sonoma Green
Dynamic Package
Black Optic Package
20" 5-arm peak design wheels
black Audi rings and badges
delete front license plate holder
Old 10-17-2018, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Deazy
I'm excited to get back in to an Audi. I had a 2013 S6 that i had tuned and sold last year. I am going to go in to order one in a couple of days so am figuring out my build. Below is what i'm thinking and would love some input. Since i wouldn't get the car until January or February I'll also be searching for some wheels for some Hakka R2's for my midwest winters.

Sonoma Green
Dynamic Package
Black Optic Package
No Dynamic steering? Also what color interior? I guess they are all black buck what color stitching?
Old 10-17-2018, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wasn't positive on the honeycomb or diamond pattern seats with grey stitching. Was hoping to make a decision when i order based on seeing those seats in a car they have. As far as Dynamic Steering I am on the fence. Does it feel natural or over boosted? I'm kind of old school and sometimes don't like too much gadgetry.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wasn't positive on the honeycomb or diamond pattern seats with grey stitching. Was hoping to make a decision when i order based on seeing those seats in a car they have. As far as Dynamic Steering I am on the fence. Does it feel natural or over boosted? I'm kind of old school and sometimes don't like too much gadgetry.
I actually have not driven an Audi with Dynamic Steering. The S5 Sportback I test drove did not have it and the steering felt fine. Granted it was a 10-15 minute test drive and I don't feel like you get a real sense of the car in that short amount of time.
There was a video posted in one of these threads that explains the difference between dynamic steering vs the normal steering. That video is what sold me. The turn radius is greatly reduced as well as a few other benefits that I can't remember.
I'll see if I can find that video.

I prefer the look of the honeycomb stitched leather over the diamond stitched Alcantara. I do however think the Alcantara will wear better over the years.

Last edited by evanseric21; 10-17-2018 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. I'll do a search for the video. As far as seating i may end up doing the Alcantara since i have 4 kids and i also think it may wear better. I'm hoping APR will have a tune early next year. This dealer is claiming MSRP so I may call another in the Chicago area to see what they say.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:01 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,140 Likes on 1,377 Posts

Dynamic steering is well worth it. Really predictable at higher speed, sudden quick movements. Prevents you from over correcting if in a panic situation. It’s so natural feeling at all speeds that I cannot imagine not driving that car without it.

Just my opinion - but at the price the RS comes in at, what’s the cost of dynamic steering to add in?

As always — YMMV
Old 10-17-2018, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

It's only a $1150 option so not that much. When i place my order i'm hoping to maybe drive something with that option.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks. I'll do a search for the video. As far as seating i may end up doing the Alcantara since i have 4 kids and i also think it may wear better. I'm hoping APR will have a tune early next year. This dealer is claiming MSRP so I may call another in the Chicago area to see what they say.
Yeah MSRP is pretty much what these will go for at launch. I placed two orders with separate dealers and will see if I can get something off MSRP or some other goodies thrown in to earn my business but I'm honestly not expecting much. I just refuse to pay over MSRP which both dealers stated they are not charging over MSRP.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:52 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,140 Likes on 1,377 Posts

Sonoma Green
Dynamic Package
Black Optic Package

I’ll be looking for a set of 18” wheels to host some Nokian Snow Tyres next fall. Another member posted up these Hartmann Wheels and they look pretty good and as they are made for Audi, they do not require centering rings or different lug bolts. I cannot speak to their quality.

I was looking for Borbet wheels but i can’t find a US Ditributor or Dealer.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'd be surprised if any 18" wheels would fit over those brakes. I was planning on 19"ers. I'll go as small as i can though. I barely got 19's on my S6.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hopping back in to Audi with a RS5 SB