Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Options for a 2018 SQ5

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Options for a 2018 SQ5

Hi gang, really getting the itch to do a carbon fiber steering wheel. I've always loved the look of them but neve actually owned one.
I know there are a few options out there but definitely looking for any recommendations, suggestions, opinions, etc.
As far as I know there is Europrice:

Name:  lPxwkIZ.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  47.5 KB

and Tag Motorsports
(yes I know this is the previous generation).

Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Options for a 2018 SQ5-mowdgob.jpg
Old 10-29-2018, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Never had a cf wheel but my wife's lexus is wood and leather and the different textures drive me bonkers. It slips easily on the wood, and has good grip on the leather. I imagine cf would be similar

The options you showed look badass though and I want one! Haha
Old 10-29-2018, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Vancouver, BC w/ a 2018 SQ5 Technik, FULLY loaded. Wow, you can really put a lot of info in here!
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had two carbon fibre wheels in my AMG's. I liked them a lot, and they really tied the CF trim together. Its a very hot look. I have a heated wheel in my SQ tho, so wont be doing it for this vehicle.
The guys at carbon-designz or MAcarbon may be able to help. I have had MAcarbon products in the past, and the quality is excellent. Its not cheap though. The other two I have dealt with are RWCarbon and Mode Carbon. Their Audi selection is minimal to non-existent, but they would take it on probably.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Vancouver, BC w/ a 2018 SQ5 Technik, FULLY loaded. Wow, you can really put a lot of info in here!

And if you are looking for design ideas, I loved the cut outs in the alcantara that let the carbon fibre show through on this wheel, from my first C63. I had another that was very similar, but the bottom section was CF. Sorry for the poor picture quality.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you guys for all of the feedback. I've reached out to Tag & Europrice and I've looked up the others you suggested. I'll definitely upload some pics if I decide to take the carbon plunge!
Old 11-26-2018, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hey gang! I placed my order several weeks ago for a custom carbon fiber & Alcantara steering wheel from Europrice. This is going to be a loooong 6-8 weeks!! I’ll definitely upload pictures once it’s installled!
Old 11-26-2018, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

that second steering wheel in the original post looks awesome. i miss having a flat-bottom wheel. i had to give it up to get the heated steering wheel.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by -hef-
that second steering wheel in the original post looks awesome. i miss having a flat-bottom wheel. i had to give it up to get the heated steering wheel.
The heat is awesome though lol. I thought it ridiculous, but then I tried it.......

Old 11-26-2018, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SQuirelly5
The heat is awesome though lol. I thought it ridiculous, but then I tried it.......
yep, once you've had it, you have to have it. part of me wishes i never tried it. it will be the first feature to go (on a new vehicle) when i move to a warmer climate.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

The wheel I ordered should look similar to this except with alcantara sides and red stitching to match my magma red leather seats. Man I can't wait for this!

Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Options for a 2018 SQ5-5gdvvrj.jpg

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Options for a 2018 SQ5