A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

New A7, 55 TFSI issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 02:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New A7, 55 TFSI issues

Hi everyone, first time posting on the forum so be kind. I have just bought a new A7 55 TFSI, 340 PS and I could do with your help and advice. The first car I bought I rejected within 24 hours due to issues. I will go into more detail further on. The replacement car I received I have had for 3 weeks but yesterday encountered a significant issue which is making me wonder did I buy the car too soon before Audi has ironed out any bugs /glitches.

Does anyone else own one of these models and have they had any issues.

Rejected car

Within the first 3 hours of my receiving the car several major and dangerous faults became apparent, these continued into the next morning.

This all happened in torrential rain
  • Wiper blades stopped working whilst driving in heavy rain down the Motorway
  • Pre-sense malfunction whilst driving whilst driving down the Motorway
  • Car Alarm going off in the car whilst driving
  • Gearbox selector issue. Picture was taken of fault
  • Pre-sense engaging whilst driving down the road for no apparent reason
  • MMI locked up.
It does feel like most of these are software related. Audi could not detect any issues with the car but could reproduce some of the issues

New Car issues.

Timeline of events this weekend. Whilst driving at night to visit family i ran into these issues
  • Auto Full Beam did not detect any oncoming cars. I had to manually engage and disengage
  • Main Beam stopped working at night in pitch dark conditions.
  • All sorts of lights issues. The car wouldn't lock, saying it was open with the windows
Fault messages
  • Audi Adaptive light fault
  • Audi pre-sense currently restricted
  • Main Beam assist currently unavailable
  • Main beam assist Fault
other car issues
  • very poor throttle response
  • Car won't bring itself out of start - Stop at traffic lights
  • Gearbox clunking when switching into manual drive
  • Power steering grinding when on full lock
I appreciate some new cars have issues and sometimes you can have a bad one, but this is the second time this has happened and I feel this model has too many issues which need ironed out.

I am about to drive the car back home whilst its still light and call out Audi assist to recover the car to a dealer

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks,
Neil
Old 11-04-2018, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you in Canada or Europe?
Old 11-04-2018, 08:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Im in Europe, UK
Old 11-04-2018, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

That's really bad. New cars may have issues, but that list is more than issues. Frankly even if the dealership fixed the entire list and the car drove perfect I would be forever worried when the next item would break. At the price you are paying for the car you have the right to expect the car to run flawlessly.

I would have the dealer fix the issues, but document everything including time without the car, lost income, etc.... In the US we have lemon laws whereby a dealer is required to repair issues in a timely manner and if they cannot fix something in 3-4 tries the manufacturer may be required to purchase the car back from you at full price. However, lemon laws here require a lot a documentation and for the consumer to follow the rules. Also I believe lemon laws only applies for the first year of ownership.

Keep is posted. My car just passed through the English Channel on Friday and due to arrive at port of Houston on 11/19
Old 11-05-2018, 01:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've dropped the car off at a local Audi Dealer this morning with the list of issues. I am also in the process of drafting Audi UK a letter expressing my dissatisfaction.

Find attached the fault messages

Old 11-06-2018, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Even if the dealership fixes these issues, I would just return the car. You paid for a brand new vehicle, not a fixer upper.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Neilt74 - Any update on your issues?
Old 11-11-2018, 10:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Update - The car is still at Audi. The Master Tech who is looking at the car can't find anything wrong and wanted me to take the car back to see if this happens again. I went down to the dealer to take my car out for a drive with another Master Tech. On the drive, the car stuck in 6th gear and wouldn't change. When we got back to the garage the issues with the headlights started and they wouldn't come on.. The mechanic and service person was gobsmacked. They told me the original mechanic was at Audi on a course about my car and wouldn't be back until Monday. In a nutshell, they told me the car is too new and they are stumped. I left the car with them and came home and drafted a letter to reject this car as it definitely not fit for purpose. Role on tomorrow
Old 11-16-2018, 12:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I would force them to buy back car and not get an A7 for a while till they sort this ridiculous and stupid issues out. It totally unacceptable for Audi to build these A7s with issues. I would be so pissed and angry

Last edited by Baloo588; 11-19-2018 at 07:14 AM.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Baloo588
I would force them to buy back car and not get an A7 for a while till they sort this ridiculous and stupid issues out. It totally unacceptable for Audi to build these A7s with issues. I would be so pissed and angry

I bought mine in Oktober 2018 and have more ore less same issue. Mine Mmi napster doesnt connect eather 10 times of 15. Start to gettitn crazy and in top of that its really annoying that I can’t switch of the line assist permanently and have to it every time I start the car.

I am gonna write letter to Audi Sweden and want to rather buy the car back ore change it to another one. The funny part is every time I visit the dealer they test it and everything seems to work for them.

Quick Reply: New A7, 55 TFSI issues