Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

What aftermarket products have you purchased for you 2018 Q5 or SQ5

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 304 Likes on 230 Posts
Default What aftermarket products have you purchased for you 2018 Q5 or SQ5

I would like to know what aftermarket products that you have purchased for your 2018 Q5 or SQ5. Things that you have found to be useful. I am not talking about expensive tires or exhaust systems, but things that fit and work well, things that expand useable storage space, or electronic gadgets, maybe a great phone holder, nice floor mats, anything like that that will make the car more enjoyable.

Thanks.

Old 11-12-2018, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Well, since I got my license in the '50s, I'm thinking of getting a pair of fuzzy dice. Figure it would be a unique touch on an Audi.

Does that count??
Old 11-12-2018, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

since our SQ5 is a lease, only did tint. Came with the OEM winter mats, so didn't even have to buy the husky's..
Old 11-12-2018, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are many things can install for this car such as Running Board, Soft close doors, Blind spot assist, Carbon Interior trims,..... With me, the most useful is Soft close doors
Old 11-12-2018, 09:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Sydney - Australia. Been keeping the Pacific and Indian oceans apart since 1788
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

Diesel, BP premium I received a full tank when it was delivered but have used it all up. Apparently Audi don't provide any after that so have to get my own.
Go figure that will you!
Old 11-12-2018, 11:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Location: seattle, Q5 premium plus with 20" wheels, Technology pkg, Nav, B&O Sound, Manhattan Grey with Black
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ribeye
I would like to know what aftermarket products that you have purchased for your 2018 Q5 or SQ5. Things that you have found to be useful. I am not talking about expensive tires or exhaust systems, but things that fit and work well, things that expand useable storage space, or electronic gadgets, maybe a great phone holder, nice floor mats, anything like that that will make the car more enjoyable.

Thanks.
Weathertech front floor mats, the full line of Griots washes, spray wax,interior detailer, wheel, leather cleaner and dressing, tire dressing, bug cleaner, Torque spray ceramic wax, Suntek clear bra for hood, fenders, door cups, headlights and door edges.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

The center console and phone storage aren't great, in my opinion. I hated having to put my phone in that little tray, and my phone is rsther long so there's a risk of it sliding out. I installed a ProClip phone holder that I am very happy with. So much better than the small tray inside the console/armrest, or using up a cupholder. I purchased an additional wedge piece to adjust the tilt angle toward the driver a little more, and it's great. Doesn't cover the vents, and no risk of damage to any vent fins either. Phone pops in and I can also plug in the USB for Android Auto/Carplay connection without a long cable in the way.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bailyc
The center console and phone storage aren't great, in my opinion. I hated having to put my phone in that little tray, and my phone is rsther long so there's a risk of it sliding out. I installed a ProClip phone holder that I am very happy with. So much better than the small tray inside the console/armrest, or using up a cupholder. I purchased an additional wedge piece to adjust the tilt angle toward the driver a little more, and it's great. Doesn't cover the vents, and no risk of damage to any vent fins either. Phone pops in and I can also plug in the USB for Android Auto/Carplay connection without a long cable in the way.

Can you share a pic? I have the 8+ and usually just throw it on the passenger seat....kind of annoying.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Got Sisal mats from Cocomats.com My 3rd set. Very well made and durable

[img]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2821/8...24376eea_b.jpg
Old 11-13-2018, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ADG05
Can you share a pic? I have the 8+ and usually just throw it on the passenger seat....kind of annoying.
I've got a Note 8. I feel your pain!

Here are a couple photos from when I installed. Sorry for the harsh garage lighting. I bought an older model holder with thumbscrews on the back plate, so it's easy to adjust the width on the fly and doesn't require a screwdriver after initial installation. Handy because I have more than one phone, so the holder is easy to adjust if needed.

Spoiler

Quick Reply: What aftermarket products have you purchased for you 2018 Q5 or SQ5