Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

...new app MyAudi

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default ...new app MyAudi

This morning I was planning to send an address to the car, and by my surprise the MMI Connect app is in non active mode, and it’s being replaced with MyAudi, about which, in order to use it I’ll have to go to the dealer to have my identity confirmed.
I suppose everybody will find it out anyway.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

I changed to the new app a few weeks ago, it didn't say anything about visiting the dealer to confirm anything. It works fine for me though I have not tried sending a destination to the car.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Abtpl
This morning I was planning to send an address to the car, and by my surprise the MMI Connect app is in non active mode, and it’s being replaced with MyAudi, about which, in order to use it I’ll have to go to the dealer to have my identity confirmed.
I suppose everybody will find it out anyway.
you can do your logins and the contract # gets emailed to you - send that to your dealer (I'd speak to your salesperson first so they know to expect the email), and they can confirm the contract without you going in. I just did it for someone
Old 12-08-2018, 07:02 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Like MRA5SB - when I updated to the new app, I opened the app in my house and it showed the “code” required to be input to the MMI — but it was the same sequence as I entered in the MMI Connect app.

Once I opened the new app, while actually in my car with the ignition on, the app recognized everything as matching and the “warning” went away.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

W
Originally Posted by Nikon1
Like MRA5SB - when I updated to the new app, I opened the app in my house and it showed the “code” required to be input to the MMI — but it was the same sequence as I entered in the MMI Connect app.

Once I opened the new app, while actually in my car with the ignition on, the app recognized everything as matching and the “warning” went away.
i even went to the dealership to fix my problem, but despite many tries not even Audi tech guy could find the solution, at first glance anyway. We thought maybe later with in the day the devices would try to reach each other after a restart, but right now I’m still disconnected from the MMI. I think I will need to re/enter that 10 digit code, but how do I do that? So far I’ve not seen a chance to enter it. I left the dealership because I’ve already spent too much time this morning on it. I must be missing something...

Last edited by Abtpl; 12-08-2018 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too was forced to go to the new app just when I needed to send an address.
I have three Audi's.
Access to the 2017 Q7 seems to work OK, but I fail to see any enhancements to the software, in fact much more difficult to find information.
The access to my 2016 TT Roadster is denied until I "contact my Audi partner to be set as the owner of the vehicle". Not sure what that means since I have owned the car for sever years and it kinda worked with the old Myaudi.
When I tried to access my 2018 RS5 it says "The service is not available due to missing or expired licenses" . Anyone have an idea what that means?? It was also working under the old Myaudi

I find all of this quite unacceptable. Does anyone have any suggestions to get the TT and RS5 to work? Can anyone describe the any enhancements or why they decided to go to a new app?
Old 12-09-2018, 04:43 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

My suggestion is to check out the AudiConnect Issues Page. Specifically:

Old 12-09-2018, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 371 Likes on 230 Posts

I'm guessing the old app was either created by a 3rd party and they are breaking the relationship, or the app is foobared and they are just doing a rewrite.

It would have been nice if Audi had notified its owners in advance. First so we'd be aware and prepared, and 2nd to let us know of the advantages.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Weird because for my ‘18 S4 both apps work perfectly still. Maybe the old one will get nuked soon, but so far it still works.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the app useful at all if you use either Android Auto or Apple Carplay and no longer have the AudiConnect service?

Quick Reply: ...new app MyAudi