Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Considering 2017 A6 - Competition Package

Old 12-10-2018, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Considering 2017 A6 - Competition Package

I am a huge Audi fan. I have owned three consecutive A4's and I also currently own a 2013 Q7 TDI (which I love). I am considering upgrading my wife's 2014 to a 2017 A6 Prestige with the Competition Package. There is no local dealer that has one but I see several cars on-line that look beautiful. Before I go to the expense of traveling to see one, I wondered if any one here has one - and if so, how do you like the seats in the Competition Package??? The seats are quite different than the stock seats in the A6 line. Seat comfort is really important to me on my long drives.

Also, any other comments from owners of cars with the Competition Package???

Thanks.

Neil

Old 12-13-2018, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Competition Package essentially adds the same seats that were utilized in the C7 S6, without the "S" logo. My brother had a 2014 C7 S6, and they felt fine for the short drives that I had been on. I can't speak about long distance drives, but something tells me that due to their "sportiness," they would not be as comfortable as the Prem/Prem Plus seats or even the Prestige seats. The seats are not as padded or even have enough depth inside of them to add seat ventilation, which is why you can't get a Prestige model with the Competition Package, and still retain the vented seat functionality. As much as I wanted an A6 with the Competition Package, I settled for the Premium Plus because my wife was going to be the primary driver, and though she loved the look of the diamond pattern stitched seats, she was more comfortable with the Premium Plus seats.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by A4_Jax
The Competition Package essentially adds the same seats that were utilized in the C7 S6, without the "S" logo. My brother had a 2014 C7 S6, and they felt fine for the short drives that I had been on. I can't speak about long distance drives, but something tells me that due to their "sportiness," they would not be as comfortable as the Prem/Prem Plus seats or even the Prestige seats. The seats are not as padded or even have enough depth inside of them to add seat ventilation, which is why you can't get a Prestige model with the Competition Package, and still retain the vented seat functionality. As much as I wanted an A6 with the Competition Package, I settled for the Premium Plus because my wife was going to be the primary driver, and though she loved the look of the diamond pattern stitched seats, she was more comfortable with the Premium Plus seats.

Thank you for the detailed reply above. That's exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I am also concerned about how the diamond stitching will wear and look over the long run (I intend to hold this car for 5 years).

I have actually changed my search to a 2017 or 2018 A7, but the question above still applies as the same Competition Package is offered on the A7. Thx again.

bikerneil
Old 12-14-2018, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the leather on the Competition Package / S6 is "silk nappa." It's a soft, smooth finish, without pronounced leather grain. After about 4yrs, the leather in my brother's S6 still looked almost new. However, I sat more on the passenger's side than the driver's side, so don't know how much the side bolsters wore or creased. The Competition Package on the A7 has the same front seats. Just as with the S7/RS7, the rear seats on the A7 w/ Competition Pkg will not have a middle seat cushion though.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport seats in the A6 Compitition

I've owned this car for over a year and have made many long drives. I love these seats!