Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

What percentage off msrp is common for q8 right now?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What percentage off msrp is common for q8 right now?

package irrespective, what percentage off msrp are people seeing on q8s currently?
Old 12-13-2018, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I was able to get 3% off + applicable incentives from a dealer I have bought a few cars from on a Q8 I ordered a few weeks ago. I have seen other members mention 4% off.

Negotiating for the Q8 was a little annoying. The dealer initially wanted MSRP which wasn't happening - they claimed they hadn't sold a Q8 for under MSRP yet. Also, I knew that in just a few months the hype will wear off and the deals will likely get better. I am hoping the Q8 gets added to the list of cars eligible for the ACNA 6% discount before my car arrives in March. I will have a trade in so my plan is to negotiate a little harder there when it is time.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I got 6% plus the $1000 dollar incentive for taking a loan through Audi, which I paid off as soon as i got the loan papers in the mail. Seemed like an easy way to get an extra 1000 discount. I think the financing incentive was linked to owner loyalty.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:57 PM
f10
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucci
I got 6% plus the $1000 dollar incentive for taking a loan through Audi, which I paid off as soon as i got the loan papers in the mail. Seemed like an easy way to get an extra 1000 discount. I think the financing incentive was linked to owner loyalty.
Dont you have to keep the loan for a few months before paying it off?
Old 12-13-2018, 03:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by f10
Dont you have to keep the loan for a few months before paying it off?
I was told by the dealer that you couldn’t prepay for 6 months but there is no such clause in the afs contract when I looked into it. Just eats into dealers profit. So I paid off as soon as I got my account no..
Old 12-13-2018, 03:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

In the dc metro area the best I could get was 1.5% plus loyalty discount. I think it does depend on where you live and demand /supply
Old 12-13-2018, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by riazah

I was told by the dealer that you couldn’t prepay for 6 months but there is no such clause in the afs contract when I looked into it. Just eats into dealers profit. So I paid off as soon as I got my account no..
prepayment does not eat into profit

the dealer is paid on the car once it’s reported and paperwork is submitted to AFS

what does happen is the dealer can be charged back all the incentives if paid before 6 months at most dealers (3 at others, depends on volume). So, it’s a good way to say “screw you” to the dealer, should you choose to do so
Old 12-13-2018, 03:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy

prepayment does not eat into profit

the dealer is paid on the car once it’s reported and paperwork is submitted to AFS

what does happen is the dealer can be charged back all the incentives if paid before 6 months at most dealers (3 at others, depends on volume). So, it’s a good way to say “screw you” to the dealer, should you choose to do so
at the end of the day it eats into the overall money the dealership makes. Financing is a component of the deal...
Old 12-13-2018, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by riazah

at the end of the day it eats into the overall money the dealership makes. Financing is a component of the deal...
yes, but how long the loan is kept in place does not affect what Audi funds the dealer at completion

it does affect what can be charged back to the dealer down the road, in the form of the incentives on the deal. Any profit from financing is realized by the dealer regardless
Old 12-13-2018, 03:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am sure you are aware that the dealership makes money on the apr. in my case I was able to figure out that it was 1% above afs so they would lose that

Quick Reply: What percentage off msrp is common for q8 right now?