Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Saw a couple of real life E-trons last night

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Saw a couple of real life E-trons last night

Look pretty much just like they do in all the online pictures

Old 12-14-2018, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please tell us where. Thank you.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

I answered my own question. I enlarged the photo and was able to read "Hoffman Estates" on the license plate frame. Audi Hoffman Estates is located about 35 miles from Chicago, Illinois. My dealer believes that the e-tron was probably there for the car show or for training.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

These two E-trons (there's a blue one behind the gray one) are currently making the rounds of dealers here in the Chicago area for one afternoon showings to selected customers & those that have current reservations. My SA did say that she & several other employees had just attended a training session on the E-tron last Monday but I think it was at another location (Audi has a regional corporate office near O'Hare airport.)
It wasn't an "exclusive" showing, but it wasn't widely publicized except by e-mail invitation.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Why wouldn’t you publicize it???? We aren’t going to see these ‘on the lot’ any time soon. I’d like to see these in the Northwest.

Any details on which trim these are? Is the grey the launch package?
Old 12-15-2018, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Can you describe the color of the dash wood on that model? Do you have any pictures of it?

Thanks,
Alex
Old 12-15-2018, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
Why wouldn’t you publicize it???? We aren’t going to see these ‘on the lot’ any time soon. I’d like to see these in the Northwest.

I think they kept it kind of low key since these are the only two in this part of the country & they were only going to be in their showroom for 6 hours & that showroom is only so big. Most, if not all the other dealers in the area got them for a similar short period & had similar events. Stay on top of your dealer & make sure he invites you when any e-tron comes to your area. I’m sure they welcome prospective buyers as well as those that have reservations.
I think these were Prestige models, but without being able to see the radar domes on the front it kind of hard to tell. The gray one might be a launch package, but since they’re all sold out & my reservation is a standard Prestige, I’m not real sure.

Last edited by Cadx6; 12-15-2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Check with your dealer. They are here on the west coast or at least were. I got an invitation for Dec 12 from my dealer in NorCal, but I didn't go. There was also one on display at the San Francisco Auto Show over Thanksgiving. It was a three hour invitation only event. Not sure how they selected who to invite, because I neither have a reservation, nor am I interested in buying one, but I have a very good relationship with the dealership and given them a lot of business and I'm on their email list.

Last edited by superswiss; 12-15-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Talked to the GM at my dealership tonight. Both the e-trons that were on display were Prestige models & the gray one was a First Edition.
He confirmed what superswiss said that e-trons (possibly these two) are traveling around d the country for short duration showings at various dealerships.
The Chicago Auto show doesn't start until Feb 9 so these two have plenty of time - if they're the ones that will be there.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

The rep at the LA Auto show mentioned it was a Euro spec e-Tron, but looked very similar to a US Edition One configuration. Daytona Gray, yellow/orange brake calipers, standard side mirrors, black Valcona leather, gray dash trim (not walnut), black headliner.

The car looked and felt beautiful. Excellent build quality. Bigger than the Q5, but not massive feeling. Got to sit in, but not drive it.

Quick Reply: Saw a couple of real life E-trons last night