Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2020 Cadillac XT6

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2020 Cadillac XT6

I'll be honest, I'm surprised I like the looks and it's nice to see the base engine is a NA 6 and not a four bangerand the exhaust outlets appear to be fully functional, but it needs more power to compete in this segment.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...oit-auto-show/

Last edited by RJC 1; 01-13-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:04 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Gussied up GMC Acadia.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Car and Driver reports that it's anything but a "luxury" vehicle. Cheap parts, etc.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't know why but I simply don't like Cadillac's design. Period...
Old 01-13-2019, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mi_sat
Car and Driver reports that it's anything but a "luxury" vehicle. Cheap parts, etc.
GM better hope that's not really the case or they will have shot themselves in the foot yet again (the new XT5 was/is a disaster); granted the new XT4 is/was a better step in the right direction and this is supposed to be two steps above it and apparently mirroring the all new soon to come Escalade with IRS.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL
I don't know why but I simply don't like Cadillac's design. Period...
I don't mind their V-sedans despite the unpopularity, but their SUVs have something wrong with them, can't pinpoint what, and I used to like boxy designs, but if you like boxy design Jeep does a really good job staying boxy.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

If you look at Cadillac over the last 10 years or so, they primarily survived thanks to their Escalade SUV since they really had no competition in the luxury house on wheels SUV segment. The only other vehicles that competed in size were made by GM. Other vehicles that came close, but not really were MB GL450, Infinity QX80, Toyota Sequoia, and maybe Lexus LX. Escalade has lasted largely unchanged for the last 10 years or so, and riding on solid frame even the magnetic ride control can't hide ride issues. Now they are facing competition from Ford and the new Lincoln blows Escalade out of the water in every single way. Riding on a success of Escalade, Cadillac has become delusional somewhere along the way, positioning itself as a German sports luxury vehicle killer, building their V-sedans to compete against BMW and MB, but sadly lacking German vehicle refinement. At the same time Cadillac management believes that if they price their vehicle at a premium they will create a feel of luxury and exclusivity with their prospective buyers. If you look around around your local parking lot filled with MB, BMW, RR, Audi, Lexus, etc. you can see how well that approach works for them. Also, if you cross shop Cadillac and Audi for example, their XT4 is priced the same or higher than Audi's equivalent Q3, XT5 == Q5, and XT6 most likely will compete on price with Q7. I don't know about anyone else, but I would not buy GM plastic parts bin in overpriced dressing if I can have Q7, X5, or any other vehicle really for the same price.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice but doesn't Cadillac have poor customer satisfaction/reliability results?

Audi is closer to the top, at least according to Consumer Reports, and we still have some members complaining about brake squeals and premature tire wear. Imagine how much worse owning a Caddie would be.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

For me it comes down to price. These things are going to be pretty expensive, especially in top trims. The xt4 and xt5 are overpriced IMO.

My buddy owns a XT5 and i drove it around for a few days when visiting him. It's a smooth highway drive. Engine is capable of pulling you around but only in high RPMs. Interior is pretty nice but i won't say it's wow. Good quality. Then it comes down to price point i would probably rather have a german in that segment (x3/ q5/ etc)
Old 01-14-2019, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

They say th XT6 starts in the 40's but I'd bet a nice one with sport pkg etc will be in the high 60's

Quick Reply: 2020 Cadillac XT6