Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 model cycle (MY2020)

Old 01-21-2019, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q7 model cycle (MY2020)

Good afternoon to all of you,

I am new to this great forum and I apologize if I debug with a tricky question.

I am ready to buy a Q7 Business plus, 3.0 diesel (Italy) and I just realized that a new MY20 is underway. I know these information are hardly disclosed, but what is your view on the release and availability date of MY20?

I think MY19 was announced and released after summer of 2018, do you think summer it is a good estimation for the MY20?

Thank you all for any answer,

Best regards
Old 01-21-2019, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Not sure about Italy, but here in the US the 2020 mdel should be at the dealerships in September/October
Old 01-21-2019, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you for quick reply...I am fully in "dilemma" mode, whether to wait or buy. New interiors, with touch screens, are not my favorites but you never know if they are going to add any new features or new packages...
Old 01-21-2019, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

If you can wait, you may as well wait for the latest. We all get used to the new tech and features after a while
Old 01-21-2019, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

...anyway, as usual, it will be a wife's decision

Cheers and thanks again
Old 01-21-2019, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DudielloIT
(...)but you never know if they are going to add any new features or new packages...
This is something I've been wondering about as well. Considering the all-new X5/X7 and upcoming GLE, I'm curious if Audi will be giving us new features on the MY20 Q7 we might not have on the radar yet. Don't get me wrong, the current Q7 is already well equipped but to keep up with the competition, it might take a bit more than new screens and exterior lights...
Old 01-21-2019, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL
This is something I've been wondering about as well. Considering the all-new X5/X7 and upcoming GLE, I'm curious if Audi will be giving us new features on the MY20 Q7 we might not have on the radar yet. Don't get me wrong, the current Q7 is already well equipped but to keep up with the competition, it might take a bit more than new screens and exterior lights...
What are some new features that comparable vehicles have that the Q7 doesn't? Im curious. I can think of self-parking. What else?
Old 01-21-2019, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
What are some new features that comparable vehicles have that the Q7 doesn't? Im curious. I can think of self-parking. What else?
Well, the remote-start is a new feature on the X5/X7 but THAT would be a huge surprise on the Audi. Another interesting feature on the BMWs are heated and cooled cupholders and heated armrests. The X5 also features a power cargo-cover. I believe that is already an option in Europe on the current Q7.

Remote-start aside, you can also use BMW's mobile app to access the 360 degree surround view on your mobile device so you can remotely "look" at your vehicle. BMW has a "road preview"-feature that uses a camera to adjust the suspension based on the road ahead. The Lincoln Aviator will get that, too.
The X7 also has power rear window shades. There is a "display-key" which basically is the BMW-app in a car-key with a display and touch-screen. The LED-illuminated sunroof is cool-looking, too. Gesture control is another new feature.

The rear entertainment system is completely integrated. This is where Audi needs to improve and with the new MMI, I hope they will. On the BMWs, you can get all kinds of system-info on the rear-screens (incl. navigation). The BMWs also have laser-headlights but based on early shots of MY20, the Q7 will get those, too.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Cool, thanks!
Old 01-21-2019, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Cool, thanks!
Any time!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q7 model cycle (MY2020)