Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Filthy Rear End

Old 02-19-2019, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Filthy Rear End

Anyone else notice how dirty the rear end of the Q gets? Something about the design sends 90% of the dirt to the back, and even my car wash is unable to get it off. Usually when I run it through the car wash, the back will come out looking even worse because the water run off, and the caked on dirt just never see enough of the brushes. This must have something to do with the design, as the car wash is able to get every other car. The only solution I have is to hand wash the rear end after a car wash!!!
Old 02-19-2019, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

It's the way the wind moves around the rear due to the design. Go to a car wash that has people using hand wands to pretreat wheels and rears etc.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

What are these car wash things you speak of? Sadly with a complete matte wrap, I can't even consider driving through them.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have noticed the same thing. How about those rear mudguards? Does anyone have those on and do they help reduce the mess?
Old 02-20-2019, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Anyone else notice how dirty the rear end of the Q gets? Something about the design sends 90% of the dirt to the back, and even my car wash is unable to get it off. Usually when I run it through the car wash, the back will come out looking even worse because the water run off, and the caked on dirt just never see enough of the brushes. This must have something to do with the design, as the car wash is able to get every other car. The only solution I have is to hand wash the rear end after a car wash!!!
I thought i was the only one that had this problem. Drives me crazy. Right after going through the car wash I’m out there with a wash mit washing where the lift gate meets the body of the truck. MY wife thinks it’s hysterical that I re wash a vehicle that has just been washed.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Guzzgreg

I thought i was the only one that had this problem. Drives me crazy. Right after going through the car wash I’m out there with a wash mit washing where the lift gate meets the body of the truck. MY wife thinks it’s hysterical that I re wash a vehicle that has just been washed.
Its disgusting what the rear end looks like after a car wash!
Old 02-20-2019, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by PeteDin206
What are these car wash things you speak of? Sadly with a complete matte wrap, I can't even consider driving through them.
I tried hadwashing my car 19 years ago when I bought my first BMW (I was scared by these boards about how bad car washes were). It was fun the first time or two...I still have the mitts, soap, bucket etc sitting in the garage somewhere...LOL! I dont have the time or patience.

Now, I only take my cars to good car washes or none at all. I'll never pull into a gas station wash, or one of those shady looking outfits somewhere.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,155 Likes on 905 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteDin206
Did you have the car wrapped with XPEL Stealth?
I really want to do that on my convertible!
Although the price tag had me kinda bummed....
Old 02-20-2019, 07:44 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Actually I have noticed this too, not only with the Q7 but also with the Allroad..
Old 02-20-2019, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by JT4
Actually I have noticed this too, not only with the Q7 but also with the Allroad..
Its the design on the Q, and the car wash doesnt get the back for some reason. No issue on any of my other cars/SUVs

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Filthy Rear End